What's new

99 octane worth an go?

JLPK

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Anybody know if the 2 litre petrol accord has the ability to advance it's ignition timing sufficiently to get the full benefit out of high octane fuel?

I think it's safe to say no. You will notice very little performance gains if that's what you are looking for. But if you are rocking a large turbo in the engine bay then i would be very wrong lol

As Rob said but also its good to use a premium petrol like V power or Momenton 99 that I have used since owing my car.
I think it runs much better in these fuels

I put some vpower, ultimate or Tesco 99 through my 2.0 petrol now and again, seems to run a bit smoother, slightly better fuel comsumption, only 5% or so on a long trip

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gQghB4asSnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WTaBngvsPrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure if the Accord will see the benfits of the higher octane stuff, but going by the videos, it seems the higher performance models see the most benefit.. :rolleyes:

I have been using V Power in my petrol car 2.0 for the last 4 years, much smoother ride, really responsive, just feels nicer to drive... best of all I know it clean fuel as I can do roughly 500 miles (London and back) and my exhaust is still clean! whereas I have tested this theory and used ordinary supermarket fuel and it has caked my exhaust black! so there is a difference... plus I get double points with V Power and get like £6-10 back in vouchers!