What's new

A/C DOESN'T START AFTER INSTALLATION NAVI HEAD UNIT

johnmix

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD CL7
Hi guys,ι have a honda accord 2005 (cl7) K20A6 motor here in greece,and i upgrade my old simple head unit stereo to navi head (2006) unit together with the wiring harness original part honda from e-bay.Everything works perfect but i have a problem....a/c doesn't start when touching command on at the touch screen!!(A/C operating normally with the old unit)
Am i doing it wrong that I bought 2006 navi head unit ,and not the 2003-2005 version???
I am very upset because the sun burns from now on greece...please any help :(
Thank's.

John.-

Under the touch screen where the buttons are what happens when you press "Auto" does it light up green?

Does it blow anything at all?

Can you adjust the temperature and air flow direction by using the buttons and the touch screen also the fan speed? I ***ume you've got the top display screen with clock/radio and the dual temp bits as well as the touch screen unit?

Can you adjust the temperature and air flow direction by using the buttons and the touch screen also the fan speed? I ***ume you've got the top display screen with clock/radio and the dual temp bits as well as the touch screen unit?
Yes everything is working normally,clock,fan,heat,temperature,cd changer,radio,navi inspection(all green,no mistake at the installation) e.t.c...
I went to Honda and the honda laptop computer showed no mistake...
I do not know what to say about this problem

Maybe need a recharge? When you put it into auto mode and then set the temp to hi/low does the fan speed increase and ac pump kick in?

Maybe need a recharge? When you put it into auto mode and then set the temp to hi/low does the fan speed increase and ac pump kick in?
At the auto mode the operating is normally increasing or decreasing temperature (fan function) but the lowest temperature is the temperature of outdoor..

At the auto mode the operating is normally increasing or decreasing temperature (fan function) but the lowest temperature is the temperature of outdoor..
But can you hear the ac cutting in as you turn it on. It should be very noticeable.

But can you hear the ac cutting in as you turn it on. It should be very noticeable.
With the old head unit the clack was very noticeable,but with the new there is no clack,no kick,nothing at all. Somebody from german forum he tell me to check the fuse with another of 2006.

if you can't hear it kicking in then could be fuse or maybe wiring is different on 2006

Is the replacement headunit secondhand? If so it could be a faulty unit.

if the lowest temp is the same as outside why would it need to cut in? try putting the air flow up the screen like you're trying to demist it and see if it cuts in

when did you last use the air con? it maybe that it needs a re gas

if the lowest temp is the same as outside why would it need to cut in? try putting the air flow up the screen like you're trying to demist it and see if it cuts in

when did you last use the air con? it maybe that it needs a re gas
I CHECKED THE AIR CON AND IT'S OKAY,THERE'S GAZ INSIDE.... :(

As I said previously, if head unit is secondhand, it could be faulty. Could be a wiring fault, could be anything really, but if the unit is faulty, you'll never know.

I CHECKED THE AIR CON AND IT'S OKAY,THERE'S GAZ INSIDE.... :(

As has been said, a second hand head unit could be faulty, just like your CAPS LOCK key.

Surely Honda can diagnose this, could they not find anything wrong when you took it in?