What's new

a few problems..... HELP!

lion_heart

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
Hi guys,

Im having the following problems, any ***istance will be appreciated!

1, Glow plug light always flashing (i understand this is quite common)

2, hesitation only sometimes when i put my foot down (i have fahad's brilliant remap so my foot can get a little heavy!)

3, the car gargles when i put my foot down, as if theres extra air being sucked in from the air intake box - i have a pipercross filter

4, on my sat nav unit, when i press the button for climate control, a message appears on the screen, switch on engine to operate climate control - YES THE ENGINE IS ON BEFORE YOU ASK!

Please help!

Just to add, will 9J alloys fit on the rear?

cheers guys

Salams Harris, nice to see you finally got her on the road.

I know that car has had a second engine in it from a facelift which has a vaccum operated EGR as opposed to the electronically operated EGR your original engine did. You need to have the error codes read to see what's coming up - the flashing glow plug may hopefully just be a blocked fuel filter. I'm sure I told you when we met to replace this with a genuine brand new filter from Honda (no aftermarket filters please).

The hesitation could be related to the flashing glow plug (blocked filter?) and the gargling noise is probably related to this as it's being starved of fuel - the Pipercross filter will amplify the sound a little.

Do the filter first, then take it from there.

If the EGR is giving you trouble, we can now map this out on the Honda ictdi and quite a few members have done this now - it seems to eradicate the hesitation problems and also give you even better performance.

Salams Harris, nice to see you finally got her on the road.

I know that car has had a second engine in it from a facelift which has a vaccum operated EGR as opposed to the electronically operated EGR your original engine did. You need to have the error codes read to see what's coming up - the flashing glow plug may hopefully just be a blocked fuel filter. I'm sure I told you when we met to replace this with a genuine brand new filter from Honda (no aftermarket filters please).

The hesitation could be related to the flashing glow plug (blocked filter?) and the gargling noise is probably related to this as it's being starved of fuel - the Pipercross filter will amplify the sound a little.

Do the filter first, then take it from there.

If the EGR is giving you trouble, we can now map this out on the Honda ictdi and quite a few members have done this now - it seems to eradicate the hesitation problems and also give you even better performance.

Wa'Salaam, Fahad, u the man! inshallah, ill try this and update u ACCORDingly! lolz

Good advice Harris from Fahad its crazy that after market FF cause so many problems as this comes up time and time again.
Get a OEM FF and you will probably be sorted dont forget your feedback :)

IT WORKED!

I CHANGED THE FF AND THOUGHT ID SERVICE IT AT THE SAME TIME, AND PRESTO... NO MORE HESITATION!

MY GLOW PLUG LIGHT IS STILL FLASHING THO :-(

ALSO, I PUT MY CAR ON TO A DYNO YESTERDAY, 167 BHP 285LBS TORQUE - IS THAT OK? THATS WITH ONLY THE RE MAP!

THANKS GUYS

elite says that after remap stage 1 estimated power is 185 hp and torque 291 lbs but obviously every car is different so I think that is good result anyway B)