What's new

A pillar interior trim

Doc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-ctdi EX 2008
As the topic suggests the interior trim on my A pillar has developed a rattle in the bottom corner near the dashboard and the windscreen.

Is this piece of trim just held on by clips? Also the trim has an airbag sign on it so is there a side curtain airbag behind it, and is the trim safe to remove?

Thanks
Matt

use a Stanley knife to pull out the airbag sign and then just pull it. it will take you all of 20 seconds. yes there is an airbag there but you will be fine as long as you don't go hitting it.
there is nothing behind it apart from the airbag so you may be barking up the wrong tree. something may have fallen in at the bottom though.

Cheers lads i'll give it a go. I was thinking one of the clips might be missing as when i get a passenger to press on the trim the rattling stops. If all the clips are there i'll try padding it out with the foam.

Thanks
Matt

CJ,

Don't worry no offence taken. The rattle has been there at various different tyre pressures. The ride is quite firm I find on the 18" rims so I think that's the main culprit here. The drivers side trim in the same place right in the corner has a little play in it too when I press on it. I don't think it's anything major more just where the clips are positioned allows for a tiny bit of movement. But on the passenger side it's just enough to rub and make a noise. I know the previous owner had a few interior trim pieces off fitting front & rear parking sensors so he could have tampered with it at some point too. But a piece of foam or 2 and securing the wires should easily fix the problem.

Well looking at the old front tyres I think the previous owner might have hung it round the odd corner. I don't think it was so much a rally stage, maybe more like a track day. But then again it is a diesel were talking about here!! :lol: But everything still feels very tight so I don't think he could have been that competent at driving it hard.

Matt