What's new

A-spec springs on Standard shock absorber

w00dman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi,

I've found a wrecked A-spec (Sport) suspension on a wrecked accord. One off the shock absorber is damage and Honda don't sell one or a pair shock absorber, the only sell the set of four.

The owner offer me the suspension. At this time I don't have money to buy a set but I have time to change my std springs with the a-spec springs.

Does the car will sit lower and still comfy? Or does this change will ruin the driving and comfort?

Thanks

The A spec is 10% stiffer in spring rate to standard, with such a low increase you wont have an uncomfortable ride, neither will the standard dampers struggle. However to benefit fully from that kit both springs and dampers are needed.

The A spec is 10% stiffer in spring rate to standard, with such a low increase you wont have an uncomfortable ride, neither will the standard dampers struggle. However to benefit fully from that kit both springs and dampers are needed.

But, does the car sit lower than stock?

Only about an inch or so - Tourers seem to sit higher at the front though. See Andy (Monks') recent thread with a very similar ***le. There is acres of info already posted on Accord suspension... Marcus did a good thread about comparative spring strengths (as well as dampeners??).

Only about an inch or so - Tourers seem to sit higher at the front though. See Andy (Monks') recent thread with a very similar ***le. There is acres of info already posted on Accord suspension... Marcus did a good thread about comparative spring strengths (as well as dampeners??).

In your opinion, if you have time and a free sport springs, does you fit it in your car?

In other hand, the damage strut is left back, can I run on front full set of A-spec and on rear A-spec spring with std struts?

Opps i accidently gave you a rep point! haha, well youve deserved one somewhere im sure anyway!

I would like to know who you calculate 10% of any stiffness

Dan these are the threads. CJ the second one will help you, if not i can be clearer

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/2870-a-spec-suspension-spring-rates/page__p__35635__fromsearch__1#entry35635

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/2572-spring-rates/page__p__31870__hl__spring+rates__fromsearch__1#entry31870

its all very interesting this. but in answer to woodman, i think your wasting your time fitting one setup at the front and annother the rear. please dont bother! fit one set up or the other else the car will not drive progessively. honda has spent many millions and hours of testing developing the correct damping and spring tention for the standard and a-spec set up and mixing all sorts of combinations would be foolish ime affraid. save up and get a propper kit! dont compromise with this and that from a scrapper just because its cheep.

Thanks for the point Marcus :lol: I'll be extra good and earn it :D

Dany, Unless you are getting this stuff for free and you are immensely bored I wouldn't bother. Save your time and money and get a fresh set of Eibachs and do the whole thing in one go properly. You can then adjust them to your tastes.

Sorry, I don't know enough about the ins and outs to comment on the specifics of mixing springs and dampeners.

Im getting confused here CJ! Im talking about A-spec springs, not motorbike dampers. (Edit: I dont know about setting up bikes, i imagine its very difficult)

Yep i couldnt agree more that first you must get the right rates, then dial in the dampers to match the rates and driving habits etc etc.

Reality is, a A-spec spring on a standard damper is going to be more than fine. However as had been said, its best just to get the whole kit properly.