What's new

A spec suspension - where from and how much? Just quoted £716!

1dav989

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Hi guys,

I've been given a quote of £716 including fitting for the A spec suspension kit from a local (ish) Honda dealer in London (Chiswick Honda).

Is this a reasonable price? They have said this price is £95 cheaper than retail.

What has anyone else on here paid for A spec suspension?

Can you recommend anywhere in SW London or Surrey that I should try?

£716 was a bit more than I was expecting so maybe will have to go down the Eibach route.....

Thanks
Dave

IIRC its about 550 for the suspension alone. but others will be along to confirm.. i would personally say its not a bad price.

thats not a bad price to be honest as Adam said the kit alone is about 550

As above... hence why most people go for eibach and the like.

Ok cool so it's a reasonable price then.........but...

Just been told they can't get it until Jan 2012!!

I don't want to wait 5 months! So looks like I may have to go down the Eibach route instead :unsure:

I had to give a fair bit of notice for mine, and that was before the tsunami.

go for Tein :) I have them and they have been brilliant... can adjust to your own height/taste/comfort, the A spec tends to sit higher on the front as some members have recently discussed.

BC Racing Coilovers are great for the money, i've had my set on for almost 18 months with no bother. The goin rate is £650ish im sure and for that you get 30 levels of damping and full ride height adjustability from the lower shock mount so you dont change the preload at all B)

These have been said to be very good and becoming very popular, also uk company.

http://www.meisterr.com/Site/Honda_Accord_CL7.html

well worth a look at those prices. Should mention coilovers are more maintenance heavy and firmer ride. koni fixed dampers are worth looking into aswell.