What's new

ABS fault codes / problem with Xhorse HDS OBD II cable and software

grindr12

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 Type-S 2003
Hi!
Yellow triangle is on and VSA light comes and stays on after short drive so I have done a self diagnosis on my 2003 Accord Type-S but struggling to read but rather to match them with Honda error codes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHER4DIyXS8&feature=youtu.be

I have read the following: 6-1, 6-8, 8-4, 8-6, 0-4, 1-2.

Also purchased a HDS cable from China which I have also problems with it won't recognise my car. Everything is up do date etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321442283954?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Could anyone possibly help me with these issues please?

P.S.:I read the topics about the VSA possible fixes tried them all but nothing helped.

66-1 and 68-1 relate to low battery voltage and brake switch (common and easy fix), 84-1is again common and requires the vsa reset procedure. I think 86 maybe oil pressure related

Sorry yes in reply to the other response to the best of my knowledge people on here use old xp machines with the HDS system. I know Honda themselves have moved on to a tablet gizmo

Andyjdmteg said:
66-1 and 68-1 relate to low battery voltage and brake switch (common and easy fix), 84-1is again common and requires the vsa reset procedure. I think 86 maybe oil pressure related
Thanks! That helps a lot. Went on YT and found this video how to reset the VSA/Yellow triangle light https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f11x3XGRns
done the first part of the procedure but on the second part when need pressing the VSA OFF button it just won't do it, any ideas?

Andyjdmteg said:
Sorry yes in reply to the other response to the best of my knowledge people on here use old xp machines with the HDS system. I know Honda themselves have moved on to a tablet gizmo

Andyjdmteg said:
Also I checked your eBay listing and it states win xp in there
Thanks! Will have to install the bloody XP then.

You can create a second partition on your laptop drive to install xp so you can keep win 7 active. For the vsa reset to work there needs to be no errors present (abs sensors etc)

Just a thought there could be a chance the vsa switch itself has gone, hence why the pin jump procedure isn't working?

Andyjdmteg said:
You can create a second partition on your laptop drive to install xp so you can keep win 7 active. For the vsa reset to work there needs to be no errors present (abs sensors etc)
Could be. I was suspected the same. Probably one of the sensors are gone or maybe the pump!?

Andyjdmteg said:
Just a thought there could be a chance the vsa switch itself has gone, hence why the pin jump procedure isn't working?
Don't think so as there is a reaction to the first press but nothing happens on the second press.

You need to clear all dtc relating to brake and then perform reset, also brake switch may need adjustment its a little switch under brake pedal and should be pressed in only when pedal is fully up.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone who helped! Managed to clear all mentioned error codes and finally installed XP too. The HDS is working now. The fault was the VSA switch - some idiot (me) forgot to pug it back in last time when fixing something under the dash. Now the yellow triangle disappeared and the VSA won't come on after the test drive. So happy!!!

But now as I checked all DTCs with the HDS it gives further error codes under body electrical.
B1029 MICU lost communication with Ultrasonic Unit
B1150 Communication circuit error (BUS OFF)
B1177 Abnormal battery voltage

B1029 & B1150 I am reading online that some problem with the ground or other wiring on the alarm and the gauge unit? not sure... Anyone had any experiences with this?
B1177 Apprently my battery is bad so it's quiet obvious And I am not worried about that code only if will remain after fitting new battery.

Word of warning with the battery I've seen that throw the vsa light as well, get it changed if you can