What's new

ABS Fault

alarm1979

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 type-s
Hi guys, I have had an Abs fault on my car since April 2012 (I know, im lazy!!!!!) I finally got the fault read a couple of days ago and was told that BOTH! the rear left and rear right sensors were faulty.
The day that the fault developed I was picking up 6 bags of wood chippings for my garden which probably weighed about 160kg, the car drove home fine, I unloaded the bags then on the school run the ABS and VSA lights came on.
My question is, is there any chance that having all that weight in the boot could have maybe dislodged the sensors or any other reason!!! it seems odd that both sensors are faulty, over the last few months the lights have gone off on there own accord about 5 times but it doesn't last long before the reappear.
I was about to order 2 sensors from America but thought I would ask you lot your opinion first, also I was going to buy used sensors (that have been tested) but im wondering if this is a good idea, money is tight and there is no way im lining Hondas pockets for £300.
One last thing guys, on the fault code reader, as well as the 2 abs sensors at fault there was a LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE fault as well, would a dodgy battery log a fault in the ECU???? my battery is a bit weak, it doesn't really like being left for more than 2 days without being driven.
Thanks for your time guys, I look forward to hearing your input.

Yes, there are codes relating to ECU low voltage, this is the one I get when the battery goes flat... http://www.micro-tronik.com/faultcodes/obdiifaultcode_p16a4.html

I can't see that lugging a load would have caused an ABS sensor fault - I carry huge loads of logs in mine and never had an ABS/VSA problem yet.

As Jon said carrying loads should not have anything to do with this.I tow a caravan and nether had any problems in the 7th gen or current 8th gen.