What's new

ABS-light and now handbrake light came on and won't turn off on Honda accord 2004 2.0 sport

solidity

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord CG 1.8
Hi, so the ABS-light in my accord came on like 3 weeks ago, and has been on since. But just yesterday the handbrake light came on too, and stays on even when I push the handbrake down, I don't hear the beep which warns when the handbrake is up when you start driving, so I'm guessing it isn't the handbrake sensor which indicates to the car that the handbrake isn't on. Brake fluid reservoir is filled so it isn't that either, could the ABS-light be somehow related to the handbrake light? And I'm from Finland, so my english isn't fluent but hope you guys understand, thanks in advance :)

check brake pads and sensors on wheel

Hi, I changed every ABS-sensor, and the ABS-light is still on. And so is the handbrake light. Could the ABS modulator be the next place to look for a fault? I took my car to some tester, and it said every single ABS-sensor is broken, even tho I just changed them all. So I'm all out of ideas, any help would be appreciated :)

The modulators are not known for failure on the petrol hondas. You replaced all 4 sensors why? Have you not actually had a diagnostic carried out yet? It’s more likely it just needs a vsa neutralisation procedure carrying out. This can only be done on a Honda dealer system. I can provide this service, drop me a line if needed.

Hi, my accord doesn't have VSA. And I took my accord to a diagnostics which said that every single ABS sensor is broken, even tho I just changed them all, plus I tested the ABS modulator yesterday, as in I took the cable off from it and I started my car. The handbrake light went off, but ABS light remained. And when I connected the cable back to the ABS modulator, the handbrake light turned on again, even after I lowered the handbrake handle. So that made me think that the ABS-modulator is the problem.

Check your brake fluid level sone cars have a sensor in the fluid header tank. My partners nissan handbrake light kept coming on and it was needing topped up. Some cars use the handbrake light as an indication of low brake fluid

Brake fluid is filled up to the max. Could it be that the handbrake light goes off when I removed the cable from the ABS-modulator because the brake fluid sensor is connected to the ABS-modulator through that cable?

Yours is a 2004 7th gen with the K20 engine? I actually thought they all had vsa.. every day is a school day.

Yours is a 2004 7th gen with the K20 engine? I actually thought they all had vsa.. every day is a school day.
Yeah, 2004 7th gen with K20 engine, and it doesn't have vsa :). I have leather seats tho.