What's new

ABS light On. Garage cannot Diagnose

mccollk

Reaction score
Car
accord 2001
A few weeks back my ABS light came on. I have a 2.0 vtec accord 5 door 2001. I took it to my local garage and they were unable to access the fault codes through their equipment. They then took it to the local Honda dealer and they could not access the fault either. They both concluded that the ABS pump was faulty. The local garage have fitted a second hand one that they knew was working. Came off a car that was driving but was being scrapped for other reasons.

The ABS light is still on and they still cannot access the fault codes. They have booked it back into the Honda dealer on Monday but I'm not confident.

I'm new to this forum so any advice would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance

A few weeks back my ABS light came on. I have a 2.0 vtec accord 5 door 2001. I took it to my local garage and they were unable to access the fault codes through their equipment. They then took it to the local Honda dealer and they could not access the fault either. They both concluded that the ABS pump was faulty. The local garage have fitted a second hand one that they knew was working. Came off a car that was driving but was being scrapped for other reasons.

The ABS light is still on and they still cannot access the fault codes. They have booked it back into the Honda dealer on Monday but I'm not confident.

I'm new to this forum so any advice would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance

Welcome along Kerr.

Have a read of this thread, it might give you a few pointers

ABS Light On

Also in the top right hand corner there is a custom google search function, which is very good at finding stuff on the forum, here is a link for the search results for "ABS light 6th gen "

Google search

Have a look through and there maybe something more relevant to you.

Keep us updated

I'd put my money on it being the brake electonics clips. You can see them when you take the wheel off. They are on the front of the suspension spring. Over time they get grit in them and then don't make a solid connection. This will cause the light to come on.

I don't know how much they cost to replace though. Shouldn't imagine it'd more than a couple of quid a corner though.