What's new

abs not working

adrenalinas

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord iES CG9
hi all.
Has anybody experienced faulty abs without any error?
Few month ago i started experiencing strange problem. Every time after car wash abs stopped working, same in wet air conditions. I have tried to do self diagnostic and got no errors, so. abs was ok for some time, but lately i started experiencing same problem again, i get no error codes when shortening self diagnostic connector (2 pin and 5 pin socket,, result the same), sometimes abs lamp glows, sometimes not, but no error codes either. Have checked few wires accordingly to manual with no success.... It first time i may have faulty abs module, thought they last forever.

Anybody have had any similar problem? maybe there is some other places to check for problems, not statet in manual?

Got ABS failure light that - I hope - was corrosion on the LHS front sensor wiring and the rot under the retaining bracket that fits on the suspension arm. No way to extract it without breaking the whole unit and I'm still trying to take out the remains of the sensor (carefully with a drill bit and vacuum cleaner) with the complete new unit wired in and cable tied to the damper.

If it turns out to be the sensor ring on the bearing I will be exceedingly ****ed off.

It's not easy job to replace sensor a lot of time have to be drilled out

sent using tapatalk

well at least you got error code from abs....
I have changed whole abs modulator unit. now it works differently.

version1: there is no error when turning ignition on, abs works, but abs lamp is starting to flash after some time, no fault is indicated by self diagnostic. after cycling ignition - no error again.
version 2: lamp flashes at once after turning ignition on

in both version i have no error code indicated in selfdiagnostic.
can it be so, that abs modulator sometimes is working, sometimes is not?

update... finaly i could read fault code... looks like default honda manual wrote not clear how to check abs faults. used autodata and found out that i was shorting wrong pins. got error 15. RR sensor

Common sensor failure on rear offside

sent using tapatalk

well. i fixed that fault. connector was bad.

all job what was done:
bought abs modulator, changed it
changed modulator back to oldone (with hope that scrapyard will take new one back, sadly they didn't)
took out RR sensor out (it went out difficult, but in one piece).
disassembled connector, resoldered pins, ***embled.
cleaned hole of abs sensor in the hub.
reassembled...

now i have spare abs modulator i don't need, and thanks god i did not buy abs sensor, i had ordered it for 50 euros, but called and took order away....
all this could be done in easy way, just repair connector....

Which connector was problematic?

sent using tapatalk

You can sell abs modulator on this forum

sent using tapatalk