What's new

ABS TC & VSA at the same time...

you need a diagnostic system that can check the ABS module. Most likely a failed wheel speed sensor. On these petrol cars, once replaced you sometimes need a VSA recalibration. Only a Honda system can do this.

drop me a line if you need pricing for that once your sensor is replaced.

F6HAD said:
you need a diagnostic system that can check the ABS module. Most likely a failed wheel speed sensor. On these petrol cars, once replaced you sometimes need a VSA recalibration. Only a Honda system can do this.

drop me a line if you need pricing for that once your sensor is replaced.
If it was a wheel speed sensor wouldn't it give me a fault code for that?

Yea but not with a normal fault code reader that only talks to the engine module.

What are you scanning it with?

F6HAD said:
Yea but not with a normal fault code reader that only talks to the engine module.

What are you scanning it with?
Ah that explains it. Tried it with both torque app and a standalone OBD2 reader.

Hds Honda diagnostic system is the only way to get Diagnostic codes for vsa and abs.

There is an copy version on ebay,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151652304639

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
Hds Honda diagnostic system is the only way to get Diagnostic codes for vsa and abs.

There is an copy version on ebay,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151652304639

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the replies guys. Got a mate at a Honda dealer to book it in on Monday for a diagnostic check for £50. Will let you know what happens. With all those systems failed it's nice that I don't have to turn off TC to rip it out of a junction anymore. Every cloud... lol

Got a diagnostic done at Honda for £30 which was great. Code was for NSR ABS sensor. Getting the old one out was an absolute pig but I've fitted a new one from euro car parts. ABS light has gone out now but the one for TC is still on and the VSA one comes on as soon as I drive it down the road. Do I need to reset the ABS module or something?

It needs to be plugged into a Honda diagnostic and a VSA neutralisation procedure needs to be carried out