What's new

ABS / VSA fault reset procedure

stalker

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CL9
Hi everyone!

After clearing errors on my Accord VSAA light turn ON. Was looking for solution here but did not found, so maybe my experience will be valuable.

Here are the step-by-step instructions (its is said that both steps need to be done, even if only one system show an error):

Step 1 - ABS Light
  • Jump pin 4 and pin 9 (1 is on the fat side or top side, see attached picture)
  • Hold brake pedal
  • Turn ignition to ON (3rd position)
  • ABS icon appears, after it off - let go brake pedal
  • ABS appears again, press brake pedal till off
  • ABS blinks twice

Step 2 - VSA Light
  • Connect pin 9 to ground
  • Turn ignition to ON (3rd position) (do not touch brake pedal)
  • Once ABS icon OFF, press VSA button once
  • ABS comes ON
  • Press VSA again
OBD2 socket.png

This procedure did not work for me, tried numerous times just in case. What appears is SES Service DTC B1325 PA71. I've read on other threads this is a rain sensor fault but I have other idea on how to remove these lights. Been half a year and a new battery later and lights still lighting up. Stinks.

Here are some instructions that I used to reset my VSA light

Make sure the car is on the flat and level. Also make sure your steering wheel is dead centre, then follow these instructions...

VSA Neutral Position Relearn Procedure:

1) With the brake pedal released, turn the ignition switch ON.
2) The ABS indicator should come ON for 2 seconds and then go OFF.
3) After the ABS indicator goes off, press and release the VSA OFF switch once within 0.5 seconds.
4) After the ABS indicator comes on, press and release the VSA OFF switch once within 0.5 seconds.
5) The VSA activation indicator blinks two times, and goes off in one second, then the system completes the VSA sensor neutral position memorization.
6) When the ABS indicator, VSA indicator and VSA activation indicator go off, the memorising is done.
7) If the indicators do not go off, repeat these steps.

Here are some instructions that I used to reset my VSA light. Make sure the car is on the flat and level. Also make sure your steering wheel is dead centre, then follow these instructions...
VSA Neutral Position Relearn Procedure: 1) With the brake pedal released, turn the ignition switch ON. 2) The ABS indicator should come ON for 2 seconds and then go OFF. 3) After the ABS indicator goes off, press and release the VSA OFF switch once within 0.5 seconds. 4) After the ABS indicator comes on, press and release the VSA OFF switch once within 0.5 seconds. 5) The VSA activation indicator blinks two times, and goes off in one second, then the system completes the VSA sensor neutral position memorization. 6) When the ABS indicator, VSA indicator and VSA activation indicator go off, the memorising is done. 7) If the indicators do not go off, repeat these steps.

Hi ! Have you done that without jumping pin 4 and pin 9 ?

The manual procedure worked for me in identifying the faults (codes from the flashing light), thought it was the VSA module that required replacing along with two wheel sensors

Hi ! Have you done that without jumping pin 4 and pin 9 ?
Yes that procedure is all done without touching the ODB port. Just make sure the car is on the flat and level before trying it.

If the VSA and ABS do not go away after jumping 9 and 4 or unable to erase code using a cheap obd 2 reader which cost as low as 20 quid online, you probably have a dirty abs sensor. Check the cable at the wheels to see if there are any tears. I couldn't clear the codes so I inspected the sensors and one was all tore up. New sensor is pretty cheap online and plug and play. If the sensor is not working than your ABS is disabled and that could be a dangerous.

I tried ignoring the ABS and VSA lights but I spun out once going 30mph on a mountain road after hitting a patch of oil on the road and thought "well, those sensors maybe do make a difference".. or not.. Made the change anyway because it's easy and cheap.