What's new

ABS VSA Fault

gduck

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord executive
Hello,

looked through the threads posted already which are great especially the onje about the switch at the brake pedal removal. Did a 90 mile drive yesterday with no problems. Pulled into tescos for 10 mins jumped back into car and Abs; triangle & VSA lights all stayed on

Drove home and no change. Looked up forum and tried several things:

1. disconnected battery, left for 30 mins reconnected and still no change
2. left car overnight. started this morning. all lights came on as normal then all went out and i drove off. Whenever i hit over 10mph all came back on.
3. got firend to plug in his machine this evening and fault is rear right speed sensor.
4. My local Honda garage are quoting £133 plus vat for front and rear sensors. Euro carparts can supply front for £102 all in. they say that they have no rears at my local branch but i will chweck their website

5. Grateful if anyone can point me in the direction of anywhere else that sell them cheaper. I have seen acura tsx ones in the states for a fraction of the uk cost. even looked at the possibility of buying 10 from Japan direct as i cannot stomach paying such a price for basically a couple feet of wire. I do plan to put the car on the ramp tomorrow and investigate further before i go out and buy a sensor

Happy for any advice and tips that anyone can help me with

6. Meant to say that my cruise control and brake lights work perfectly which ruled out the switch at brake pedal before i got access to the diagnostic machine

cheers

Hi Gerry it sounds like the wheel sencor gone.
Just replace and all should be fine.

You can probably source the sencor cheaper and fit it your self.
Have a look at the DIY section it's not that hard to do.

[Cheers,

Will have a look at the diy section. Does anyone know what the honda OEM numbers are for the rear ns & os sensors. thanks