What's new

acceleration problems

ashy

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi i have had problems, just after my service my car has like a miss under acceleration Not all the time put can be off putting. i have read the forums and some recomend fuel filter, but i have taken it back to the garage to check the seal. sometimes its fine then it jumps under acceleration and then its fine again. Whats the best suggestion pls>

Did the garage use a genuin Honda ff if not that is your problem.

Agreed with Brett there. These cars are very particular when it comes to parts and fluids

If its happened AFTER the service & its not a genuine fuel filter then thats your problem

^Agree, always use genuine filter and bleed system properly

Been a while since we've had one of these :lol:

Yeah maybe a whole day :lol:

Hi thanks for the genuine replies ! can i ask why? as im sure that every service i have had i dont think they where genuine fuel filters and i have had no problems before. And why does it only happen so infrequently .By the way Fahad the re map you completed for me last year has been amazing.

Nowt ungenuine about my post :huh:

After-market fuel filters are notorious for our engines... have a little search on the forum.

Hi thanks for the genuine replies ! can i ask why? as im sure that every service i have had i dont think they where genuine fuel filters and i have had no problems before. And why does it only happen so infrequently .By the way Fahad the re map you completed for me last year has been amazing.

I've just been trying to think which Steve you are.. are you one of our friends from the boys in blue ;)

The fuel filter problems are well documented mate. It's really hit and miss as some aftermarket filters seem OK, but with the difference in parts prices not being that much really, its not worth the hassle of using copy fuel filters in the diesel. I think its to do with the restriction of fuel flow, and with a remap, we're requesting higher pressures anyway so you're more likely to see issues with a copy filter.

It may have been they've switched part suppliers and are using a different copy part which is slightly substandard to the previous ones. My advice would be to switch to a genuine Honda fuel filter and 90% guaranteed it will fix your problems mate.

If you're looking to keep the car, you may want to think about moving up to Stage 2 with EGR OFF - more info in the Premier Tuning section (you'll see it after 5 posts).

Listen to the guys on this site mate. In my early days of Accord ownership, I made the mistake of fitting an aftermarket fuel filter. Within a day I then got the same problems you are having. Replaced it with a genuine Honda one, problem solved. Have fitted Honda filters ever since to keep the motor smooth running. The air and pollen filters seem okay if they are aftermarket though, got one of the Pipercross air filters in mine without mishap.

Slightly long thread I know, but we made it a sticky for reason guys:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1019-i-cdti-engine-cuts-out-when-accelareting/