What's new

accelerator pedal position sensor honda accord 2007

stuwalton

Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi guys,

My trusty 57 plate 2.0 accord went into limp mode on Wednesday while the mrs was driving it. AA connected it to diagnostics and told me it was giving a fault indicating a problem with the accelerator pedal position sensor.

AA guy cleared the fault and its driven ok since, bit hesitant and juddery sometimes but not really noticeable.

Called holdcroft honda and they quoted me £210 for a new sensor. Anyone know anywhere I can get it cheaper ? Was thinking of trying to fit it myself, saw a youtube video of a guy in the states doing one and didn't look too bad, anyone done one ?

Was also thinking of disconnecting the battery and unplugging the sensor and giving it a clean with a bit of compressed air and seeing if that makes any difference, what do you reckon ?

Thanks. stu

Replaced mine recently, £20 from breakers yard. Very easy to replace, DIY mentioned above is great.

These slowly get worse over time so once you start getting the symptoms its just best to replace. No harm in trying to clean sensor contacts first, i tried but made no difference for me.

before you spend any money. Mine started planning up on my car a couple of years back, went into limp mode lights on dash etc, Honda wanted £215.00 to replace. I ended up spraying some electrical contact spray on both ends of the electrical connection which goes into the sensor, cost £5 and about 5mins and the car has been fine ever since.