What's new

Accord 1.8 Sport (drivers window control unit)

foRce

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CG8 Sport
Hello folks,

I have some questions, I hope somebody can help me to solve the problem....
There was no rear power windows on my 2002 1.8 Sport, so I decided ti buy OEM parts and install it.
I managed to put everything in, and wireing too. Now windows are functional only at the back of the car, and everything works fine except at the front drivers power control unit.
I didnt manage to wire the front drivers control unit, so I cant open the rear windows.
Do you have some wireing diagrame or some cheme of drivers main control unit?
Where can I find that?
Best Regards,

Igor

Hi there.
Im a bit lost when you say you didnt wire the control unit,but you did the wiring.

Also what parts did you put in and did you replace the main control unit in the drivers door?

I forgot to say, I bought new (used) drivers control unit with rear window switches.
The power from the rear window motor and switches is derectly wired to the fuses at the driver side, but when I try to wire with main control unit it doesnt work, we tryed every pin.....
The only way to open rear windows is from the back switch of the car.
So, there is no contact in main drivers unit.

I forgot to say, I bought new (used) drivers control unit with rear window switches.
The power from the rear window motor and switches is derectly wired to the fuses at the driver side, but when I try to wire with main control unit it doesnt work, we tryed every pin.....
The only way to open rear windows is from the back switch of the car.
So, there is no contact in main drivers unit.

ok.
i think the rear switches should be fed from the main control on the drivers door.
you will need the full loom for the windows to work as having 2 lives will not work.

i took pictures of the wires in my se accord 01 but i dont know how to upload them for you.
if sombody could help please,
i have the pics saved to desktop but the thingy at the top of the page is looking for url.
whos url :D

2013-08-12165026.jpg
[/URL][/img]

i cant work this thing and i did before,its old age i guess :mad:

Thanks for the pictures Daveybee.
The blue one is for the front control unit. When we plug it, the switches for the rear windows on the drivers unit are not working, they only illuminate yellow. Only front one works.
And we tryed every pin directly in the blue one, and nothing happens, no power.
Maybe I can find somewhere some wireing sheme, AutoData od Haynes?
Cheers!

Ok.
Did the original drivers switch have lights?
reason I ask is because ive come across a problem with windows not working before because of the lights in the switches.
Il try autodata later

heres diagrams from haynes,i checked autodata and it didnt have wiring diagrams for teh windows

my car had no lights in the switches so i got switches from an se accord to retrofit them
cool.gif
i had to solder in the leds to my controller as the se controller woulndt work.
then for the back i soldered the leds into my original switches but the windows would not work then so i took them out again and then they were back to normal.
i had to directly wire the leds to a positive and ground at the loom.
what im saying is that the switches are different in their wiring inside.

i swapped the rocker switches and the leds.
have your switches got lights in them?

Thanks a lot for the diagrams, I will try some more methods.
My divers control unit has OEM lights inside, its from the Executive model, and they work fine.
Cheers :)

Hello Accord lovers,

I would like to change bulbs in main power window control unit at the drivers side. They are not so bright as they used to be, probably very old.
I was wondering which type are they, like in fog/hazard switch, t5 or other?
Peace.