What's new

Accord 2.4 - what size space-saver for Tourer ?

dionysius

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4EX tourer auto
Hi

Trying to buy a space-saver for my 2006 2.4 auto Tourer (facelift).

I have seen quite a few advertised for "7th Generation accord" on ebay -

Some are marked up with the actual wheel-size 5x114.3 D16 - Is this the correct size, and do all the 7th Generation Accords fit this size ? I did read on one forum someone claiming the different engine sizes had different sized front calipers so needed differnet shaped/sized space-saver wheels ? (2.4 having biggest calipers ?!)

(Or is this just bunkem.... I would have thought easier to make one wheel big enough to fit all )

Most seem to be from 2.2CDTis.
are these a one-size so if its for a 7th Generation accord I can ***ume it will fit.... or do I need to get one from a 2.4 ?

Apart from the wheel what else do I need - a clamp to fit it in ? I presume Jack and Brace can be stowed somewhere in the luggage bay - behind one of the corner storage areas ?

Cheers

D.

I've just had a look at mine (pre facelift diesel). Not very helpful I'm afraid. There's nothing on the rim to speak of. The tyre size is T135/80D16 101M.

I thought the issue was the size of the disk rather than the calliper, and related to certain cars that came with 17" wheels as standard rather than the more common 16". Possibly a Type R? I'd guess the D16 you refer to is the diameter in inches. If you have bigger wheels (with bigger brakes underneath) perhaps there is a D17 space saver instead? Hopefully someone will be along with the answer.

My Honda scissor jack has a purpose made stowage spot at the back of the spare wheel recess. Other ***orted tools (including the Honda tyre inflator, jump leads, rubber gloves, screwdriver and 10mm spanner for bulb changes) sit in the dish of the spare wheel wrapped in a thick towel so as not to rattle. I cut a circle from a cheap foam camping mat to put under the wheel and got a friend to turn a plastic boss on his lathe to fit in the middle of the wheel so it can be bolted to the boot floor (there's a threaded hole for this purpose). Possibly overkill as it doesn't move about much when it's just dropped in there without the fixing.