What's new

Accord 2004 7th gen 2.2 ictdi type s

Kaneoid

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi guys.
I have a small issue thats bothering me.
Once my car has warmed up, when accelerating or pressing the accelerator when stationary, there is sort of a whining noise, like an air intake issue. Also when i have my blowers on quite high, they make an odd noise when at high revs.
Any ideas? Has anyone had this issue?
No engine codes and the air filter is only 3 months old.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kane

Maybe try making a video with good quality sound of what it is, then upload to youtube and put the link into a post ;)

hmmm you're right, not easy to hear disquieting sounds

what's it like from the engine compartment with the bonnet up ?

Ill get a video of the engine bay later on hopefully. And as for the air filter, its a bosch so i doubt its that. But ill check it out too. Thanks :)

The air filter holder is designed to take a Toyo Roki air filter.

Mann are also a generally respected filter manufacturer, but the one I fitted was a terrible fit and required bits to be trimmed from the seal.

Thanks fred. Ill have a look into getting both the belt and pulley replaced. Hopefully that'll solve it :D

Im not sure on the chain jon. But the noise has only just developed over the past month or so

I think the PAS pump is failing also. It makes a whining noise when stearing quite noticeable

I noticed that noise in the first vid when you turned the steering wheel, there shouldn't be a noise when you turn the wheel

:( this is turning out to be a bad purchase haha. Looks like ill be replacing that too. Nevermind eh? :D

Well the noise only starts once the car has warmed up. So that could be it. I did notice that the DOT4 in the reservoir looks abit old. Could that be it? Old burnt fluid?

Sorry getting myself muddled :D I've just bought a new slave cylinder and DOT4. Lets start again.
Could it be down to old power steering fluid or am i just clutching at straws here?

There are several threads on here about noisy PAS pumps and changing the fluid , IIRC the old fluid was horrendous in those cases and changing the fluid did help

You're absolutely right jon, there are worse things than changing the PAS pump but id rather not spend £200 if i dont need to :D. Ill have a look at those threads fred and see if they can shed some light. Thanks lads

Kaneoid said:
You're absolutely right jon, there are worse things than changing the PAS pump but id rather not spend £200 if i dont need to :D. Ill have a look at those threads fred and see if they can shed some light. Thanks lads
I was merely commenting on the complexity of the task, although I can't imagine a secondhand PAS pump costing anywhere near £200.

I agree that replacing the fluid would be a good first move. I also recall seeing a thread mentioning an o-ring that can cause the system to become noisy.

Yeah i seem to be in the habit of buying new parts from euro car parts. Maybe i should stop that haha. Ive seen one for £38 second hand. Might just go for that and have done with it

Hang on (off topic alert) am I the only one that's spotted an issue with the ***le of this? I thought all type s were petrol on the 7th gen?

As far as im aware. The diesel comes in an S. Thats according to parkers website anyway