What's new

Accord 2011 suspension issue.

Kabir786

Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hey guys, new to this forum and I have recently bought a 2011 Accord es gt with 27k miles, I'm having a issue with a noise coming from the front passenger side suspension, when I accelerate there is a slight clunking noise, also when I'm driving whether it be on a smooth surface or going over a bump, anyone had similar issues on here? Thanks..

Can you describe a bit more? Is it irregular or is there some sort of pattern / cadence to the sound? Can you feel it in the steering wheels, seat or pedals? Does it change in corners or bends? can you feel it upon acceleration?

Apart from steering/ suspension, it could be driveshaft (cv joints) or engine / gearbox mounts.

When I accelerate and it makes the noise it feels like the wheel is catching somewhere, there is no clicking noise when cornering which is ***ociated with a CV joint, I have raised the front end and left in air for couple of minutes and the noise is still there..

It sounds like a rattling/clunking sound , the passenger side feels like it's wobbling a bit also...

Perhaps the ball joints? Maybe one of them is loose. It definitely would make sense given that you don't experience the noise when you're cornering. I'm thinking the car might be putting just enough lateral force on the joint at that moment so that it doesn't have any play. But when going in a straight line the road vibrations make it shake...

It's an easy inspection: when the wheel is off the ground, put your hands on the 6 and 12 o'clock positions and try pushing with one hand while pulling with the other, and vice versa (forcefully). Any play is a good indicator of loose ball joint(s). Also if you have a pry bar, you can try prying the top of the wheel by wedging the bar in your strut spring/upper control arm and pushing onto the wheel. Any play shown then is also an indicator of a loose upper ball joint. Hope it helps!

Hi guys, is normal if you lift the front car the car up and tap the passenger side rim with your hand lightly you can hear that it sounds different from the other side, I have got it diagnosed from a couple of people and they all said it's the inner rack arm, there is no play, one person said it's normal, it's just the motor on the steering rack..