What's new

Accord 8th Gen (2010) Alarm Problem

Mabskhan

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2010
Can anyone help to identify the issue i have with my 3yr old Honda Accord Ex 2.2 i-dtec done over 100k so out of warranty.....

When I come to activate the alarm, within a few minutes the alarm goes off, had a few honda tec guys have a peek at it, they said it could be the ultrasonic sensor near the interior roof light, reading moisture???? anyway they reset the whole system and it was ok for a few days until HEAVY RAIN then the symptom returned, (this could be a coincidence) …. it goes off a few seconds after arming the system....
I have also checked the drain holds on the sun roof they are clean no evidence of water..

Has anyone encountered this issue ....please help

Sorry to hear this Mabs but i haven't heard this on any 8th gen to date.
All i can think is all your windows and sunroof properly closed.Also check the condition of your Battery.

Hi brett,

Yes I have double checked all this - Just a point, the original battery was dead and was started with a booster kit, we replaced the battery with a Bosh battery, the alarm was ok before this, even Honda reset the system but fault has come back..(this was a type of favour from the dealer who looked after is from new before i picked it up) .

I would double check that this battery is the correct type for you car.Iv heard problems on hear with alarm problems with weak battery's on the 7th gen.
I would get a genuine Honda battery if the bosh one is not correct.