What's new

Accord Estate 2.2 CTDI

spoonage

Members
Reaction score
Car
Red ATR
Hi there i've seen a nice tourer with 75k on the clock with FHSH. This is to use as a daily as the ATR will be used mainly on weekends, my question is how good or bad are they on fuel and is £3500 a decent price for a 54 plate??

Thanks in advance.

Do you know what the mpg would be like, its a manual model.

I know anything diesel would be better than my type r lol.

im adveraging 46.6mpg (see my fuelly link below) and im running a stage 1 map from elite remaps.
Most of my trips are town / city driving with a short 5 -10 mile blast on the motorways.
I also do tend to use give it a bit of stick every now and then ;)

I'm going to see the car tomorrow and most likely will be buying it from slough, is there anything major to look out for?
I'm travelling from bham to get this so i hope its not a wasted journey!

I'd check that the clutch isn't slipping, or biting right at the top. And check for exhaust fumes under the bonnet to hopefully rule out a cracked manifold. But I guess that all should be OK with FHSH. Price sounds about right to me.

I normally get a pretty consistent 43MPG with very mixed driving in my 54 iCTDi tourer (@ 140k). I've had it for 4 years and it still looks good and drives well (but clutch does slip when hammered).

Bear in mind that lots of things CAN go wrong with that engine/flywheel/clutch and MIGHT cost a significant amount to put right. Good luck!

Jon

make sure if it has a full honda service history that its had the correct oil from day one cuz even honda dealers have been known to use the wrong grade of oil.

Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully it all works out well tomorrow

At the moment i'm a bit of an outsider with the atr but hopefully with this car i'd be more involved :)

Well the car turned out to be a pile of ***** :(

Wasted 5 hours of my life going to slough in my atr, and also wasted £50 worth of v power,

I guess i'll have to keep searching…

Where do i start, doors didn't line up, overspray, wheel arch liners falling apart, rattly engine, holes all over the dash, apparantly it wasn't an ex cop car?
Also drilled holes in the roof rails as though there was a light sitting there.

ohhhh ex taxi means its probably been clocked too!

keep looking for the car, it will turn up!

I have traveled to the other side of birmingham (im from portsmouth) to see a car that was 54k miles on the clock, immaculate, 1 owner from new.
pictures they sent me before i went to see it must have been ones that had taken on delivery of the car as it was a pile of rust.

its annoying how people can waste time like that :(

I looked at that top one you linked, had a look on eBay and it does look a really well cared for example

Both are gone unfortunately :(
Phoned about these earlier today i'm hoping to get one i've seen advertised on here.

Both are gone unfortunately :(
Phoned about these earlier today i'm hoping to get one i've seen advertised on here.

No bother you will just have to drive your ATR a little longer. Every time I drive mine going to look at a replacement I realise that it is a keeper for the future (160k miles covering in mine out of 180k)!

I've bought a tourer ctdi today all the way from newcastle. Its a great car but very different compared to my atr.

Glad you found one you liked?

How you liking the punch of the diesel? I actually love mines in 2nd and 3rd coming off of roundabouts, hit 50 in seconds haha

I bought mine off Quirrel on here and its had the stage 1 remap with egr off and it pulls well. Not much drama like the atr but still very good and its the interior is such a nice place to be.
I'm contemplating the stage 2 and maybe some sort of coilovers or lowering springs as this car is way too high but it is very confortable!