What's new

Accord gen 7 2007 2.2 ictdi Passenger Seat Heater

redsectora

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 cdti ex
Hi
Anyone know which part of the PASSENGER seat should heat up when seat heater is on Hi?

Cheers
Andy

According to my manual only the base heats up on the passenger side because all the sensors for the airbags etc are located in the back of the seat?
And base and back heat up on the drivers side only.

TypeR said:
I never sit in the passenger seat lol
same here, it's news to me too, I suppose passengers are meant to keep wearing their polar bear jacket LOL

I've read the same in my manual And was surprised but for 100% the back of my passenger's seat is heated. It seems to work only if someone sits on it? I was trying to find the answer why the driver's seat is heating very weak on HI and comparing them while my wife was sitting on passenger's seat that's how I found out. Accord 2004 ex

Yep only the base heats up on the passenger seat.
This topic came up about 3 years ago hear God I got a good memory lol

Yeah pegaz I find the same with my passenger seat.When someone sits in it they say they can feel it getting warm but when no one's sat in it I can't feel it getting hot.Any ideas?

@redsectora - well it makes sense , heating eats a lot of power therefore if you accidentally turn on passengers seat heating when no one is sitting there is no point of wasting the battery. Maybe there is a pressure sensor or something? like in toyota yaris when a passenger hasn't fastened a seat belt an indicator was blinking + there was a beeping signal, but when you were driving alone obviously it wasn't doing this. I'm looking at the electrical schematic at the moment and see something that could be responsible for disengaging heating when no one sits. The circuit is in polish lang so I'm not sure what the proper translation would be... There is a thermostat and that "something" like a termiantor build into a part of mat that you sit on. I'll paste that part of schematic:

PS. Funny thing is that the schematic proofs that only a bottom part of the passenger's seat is heated BUT I DID feel it on my own hand that the back was 100% HOT too (my wife wouldn't be that HOT to heat it up that much :)

sits.jpg

And according to the schematic as you can see the circuit bypasses that BR - something that I call a terminator when you set it on LO. So... If you wanna feel the warmth on the passenger's sit without anyone sitting there try to switch the heating on LO and drive for a while (it's slow so it can take a while) should get warm. Let me know if I was right.

I do have a problem with my drivers sit heating - it doesn't work on HI. It works fine on LO. It's not a switch because it's been checked already, it's not a fuse and the relay because heating works on LO + heating on passenger's sit works perfectly on HI and LO. , it's not a broken heating mat as it works fine on LO so there is a continuity of the heating wire. The last two thing that I blame are thermostat (unlikely) and that "something" . Did anyone disassemble a heated sit down to heating mats? I wonder where the thermostat and that other thing is hidden and if it could be accessed without removing a leather from the sits (probably not)...

^ maybe, since the circuit is in Polish, the car spec is different, so either the car doesn't have side airbags, or the circuit confuses LHS seat with RHS seat

as mentioned already, here is what the owners manual says (7th gen pre-facelift Tourer)
[this is obviously UK spec i.e. passenger seat on LHS, and fitted with side airbag system]

img172.jpg

I was wrong- here is a proper explaination:

Thermostats: On below 93F and off above 109F
Circuit breakers: On below 86F and off above 122F.
The breakers operate in series with the thermostats and serve as backups to faulty thermostats.