What's new

Accord (HFT) Hands Free Telephone - Trouble Making calls

accord_n22

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord I-CTDI
Hi Guys

I have paired my phone successfully to the Honda Accord HFT system. It connects straight away upon engine start and disconnects fine with no problems

However when I want to make a call I tend dial from the phone, the call doesn't transfer to the HFT system but instead to the phone - I have to manually switch it to the HFT system once the person picks up the call. Not ideal really especially when your driving.
Also sometimes when receiving calls its ok but other times it answer through the handset and I have to select HFT option one the phones screen to transfer it to the HFT system

Its quite annoying and a very disappointing system - Does anyone have the same issues?

I am using a HTC One X
(android version 4.2.2)
I fear that the issue is something to do with the android version on my phone

I am thinking of getting a parrot hands free system installed, but I really don't want to add something which the car already has.

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue and if there is a solution to it

Thanks again guys

I have an s4 and have the same problem. Sorry I can't add anything to remedy the issue. On a brighter note, consider yourself lucky it even connects.. mine rarely does! :)

I have an HTC One S, basically same phone as yours with a smaller screen and I always have problems with Bluetooth. I don't have it built in to the car but my TomTom has an HFT feature, I get the same behaviour you describe and when I get rentals or company cars for work, with built in HFT, it does the same.

I fear it is a phone issue rather than the car, my work BlackBerry is fine in all the same cars.

Thanks for your input guys
I think I may have to live with it. Such a shame, I really expected abit more from Honda and their HFT

Although it works fine - makes and receives calls with my other halfs Samsung galaxy s2 running android 4.1.2