What's new

Accord iDTEC "misfires" and cuts off.

Jon_G said:
Disappointing that they wrongly replaced the diesel pump. Hopefully you'll get a refund for that?
Well, they are going to leave the overhauled high-pressure pump fitted, although it wasn't the reason for this. They have admitted, that this has been the most mysterious 8gen diesel they've had yet. So a plenty of labour has been done through trial & error. Therefore I'll propably get a refund on most of the working hours spent on this and a partial refund on the overhauled pump. Let's see.

Have you actually changed what I suggested in the first place? The fuel rail with relief valve..

F6HAD said:
Have you actually changed what I suggested in the first place? The fuel rail with relief valve..
Nope. Both the injector leak-back test, and testing the relief valve were on my to-do list, before this f*cker decided to die on the freeway few weeks ago. So then I had to get it towed away, and my insurance leaves me free of cost, only if I get it towed to a repair shop. So the car has been at Honda since then.

So for a few weeks I haven't been able to do anything else, but to get disappointed multiple times and wonder around with my back-up car, '96 Carina estate

Oh well. I got the car back yesterday. Seems like they finally got it sorted out.

So after all, both, the cyl. 2 injector & the primary in-tank pump were faulty. Even Honda couldn't tell for 100% sure which one was originally the cause for this, but the main thing is that it's running again!

Hopefully this topic helps future troubleshooters. Big thanks to everyone who took part in this conversation!

Glad it's fixed. Never heard of this failure yet on these cars. Maybe it's been misfuelled at some point in its life.