What's new

Accord or not to Accord?

davecatt861

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0 SE
Hi,
Serious advice needed ladies and gents.

I've had my Accord for 5 years now and it's been a pleasure driving and owning, a few problems here and there but hey ho.

Anyway, dreaded SRS light is on, in truth has been on for a while my local trusted garage has had a look read the codes and resett the system only for it to come back on a day or so later they've done this a couple of times now and checked wiring etc.

I've now got a slipping clutch as well, it's ok as long as I don't try any hard acceleration.

Now given the fact of the age of the car I didn't pay out a lot for it in the first place do I get the work done?

So if possible I need advice on potential costs for the jobs if anyone has had similar work done etc. I don't really want to get rid f her but need a reliable car.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Nathylad

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 Accord Sport
The clutch will probably cost about £350, I paid that much for mine last time I had it done. In terms of the SRS light, I had mine reset and it hasn’t come back on so I don’t know if you have a deeper issue. A fault reader should help though.

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
if they dont have proper diagnostic just resetting is not good enough for srs as for clutch will be around £300 parts and similair labour.