What's new

Accord Tourer 2.4 Satnav problem

ErikV

Members
Reaction score
Car
'10 Accord CU1
My 2004 Accord Tourer came with Satnav (but no DVD).

I was able to get a hold of a 2.11 version copy, which I burned on a DVD+R DL (Verbatim) on the slowest speed possible (4x). The DVD-ROM doesn't read in the unit! It keeps making a 'clicking' sound. Seems like the lens doesn't focus right.

Could my laser be broken? If so, which lens unit do I need? The DVD-ROM drive is located in the center console, below the navigation.

I've found some lens units on eBay, but not sure which one I'm gonna need.

My 2004 Accord Tourer came with Satnav (but no DVD).

I was able to get a hold of a 2.11 version copy, which I burned on a DVD+R DL (Verbatim) on the slowest speed possible (4x). The DVD-ROM doesn't read in the unit! It keeps making a 'clicking' sound. Seems like the lens doesn't focus right.

Could my laser be broken? If so, which lens unit do I need? The DVD-ROM drive is located in the center console, below the navigation.

I've found some lens units on eBay, but not sure which one I'm gonna need.
If you can get hold of a genuine disk to try i would do this 1st

Opened up the center console today, had to remove an old Nokia carkit.

Behind the Satnav DVD ROM player I saw something... the original Honda DVD (v2.01)! I think the previous owner accidentally pushed the DVD between the console and the DVD player.
Unfortunately it also won't read this original DVD. The lens or mechanism is faulty, I guess.

I found this replacement lens on eBay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/DVD-laser-len-pickup-for-AUDI-Honda-Alpine-DVD-Navigation-DV36T-/181174493557

Will this one fit? If so, do I need to use a soldering iron? Any suggestions and/or help are appreciated... :)

Good feedback Erik glad it was a simple fix