What's new

Accord Type R - Paint Correction (No.2)

Paul Smith

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
I've ***led this No.2 as I've already placed up a thread here with the same ***le :blush:

Anyway, over the years a good friend of mine from Accord R.org has helped me out on my own Accord Type R in many an hour of need.

So, as he was making his way down to JapFest this year he called upon my services to give his pride and joy some TLC before its trip down south.

Now I remember taking pictures of this car for Total Honda and on another occasion shortly after he had it re-sprayed. So I went along with the intention of giving the car a once over with the DA using a very mild cutting polish as the car was in top condition and with no lacquer to work on, it was straight paint that I was working with.

So, power hose it down, some snow-foam and two buckets later -

PJSP_613.jpg

Get it into my work-shop for the day -

PJSP_620.jpg

Got him to remove the rear number plate and recess as he was going to paint it for JapFest anyway -

PJSP_621.jpg

After drying and then claying car, I stick on the Halogens and find this little lot -

PJSP_607.jpg

PJSP_624.jpg

PJSP_627.jpg

PJSP_623.jpg

Despite the fact that I wasn't using compound I still like to tape it up as I hate cleaning polish off all the black plastic -

PJSP_629.jpg

Just a quick picture to show what one pass on the DA made to his paint -

PJSP_637.jpg

So, after a good few hours with the DA, sealed and then waxed -

PJSP_644.jpg

I had to get home for my dinner but I had 15 minutes to capture a few pictures near the harbour where he works. Unlike a normal shoot, we just left the car in the one position and I done all the moving around -

PJSP_734.jpg

PJSP_762.jpg

PJSP_791.jpg

PJSP_727.jpg

PJSP_676.jpg

PJSP_666.jpg

I promised him that we would re-visit the paint and get it back into A1 condition, but for now I think he was happy with the time I spent on the car.

Good work mate, its amazing what those lights will show up. B)

excellent work mate, just out of curiosity what compound do you use? I currently have some swirl marks in my paint which i'd like to remove.

once again bud you have done a cracking job,the only thing im using on the accord is the megs swirlx,seems to get rid of most of the swirls,this is using their d.a g220 kit too,

excellent work mate, just out of curiosity what compound do you use? I currently have some swirl marks in my paint which i'd like to remove.

For the car above I was using 3M "Perfect-it III Ultrafina SE Polish" and corresponding blue pad. 3M's compound is labelled "Perfect-it III Extra Fine Compound".

I've just purchased a number of products from the G Techniq range, I've read a lot of good reviews on them recently, the P1 Nanocomposite Polish especially.

I had to get home for my dinner but I had 15 minutes to capture a few pictures near the harbour where he works. Unlike a normal shoot, we just left the car in the one position and I done all the moving around -

/Snip

I promised him that we would re-visit the paint and get it back into A1 condition, but for now I think he was happy with the time I spent on the car.

Some cracking images mate, out of interest what camera you using?

For the car above I was using 3M "Perfect-it III Ultrafina SE Polish" and corresponding blue pad. 3M's compound is labelled "Perfect-it III Extra Fine Compound".

I've just purchased a number of products from the G Techniq range, I've read a lot of good reviews on them recently, the P1 Nanocomposite Polish especially.

Was the blue pad a waffle style pad?