What's new

Accord wheels

Mdaw

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 Acoord Tourer
Hey all recently bought an 2003 Accord tourer but seems it has 17 inch wheels fitted which is kinda screwing the ride. Does anyone know the original wheel/tyre size please. currently has 225/45/17. Thanks in advance. Martyn

Mine originally had 205/55/16 tyres fitted. I believe there was also a slightly larger tyre fitted to the 16" wheels.

cheers jon much appreciated. They sound better. Any idea what honda my current wheels would be off? as they are the same 5 spoke desisn as the 16s from what i can see. Martyn

These are off honda accord 03-08. I use exactly the same wheels on my 04 car, 225/45/17.

Ah ok. Mines an SE so any idea if these were just on the exec? and someone has swapped them. I'm going to be changing them to 16s no matter what as the mrs doesnt paticularly like the firm ride and im finding the steering twitchy at low speeds/dives into pot holes. Although i know the front lower arm bushes need replacing as they were advised on the last mot in march. So may get those done then think about the wheels. Anyone have any feedback on what difference the larger alloys make with the lower profile tyres over 16s? as im pretty sure thats the issue.Also long term theres the cost of the tyres. And this cars a practical load lugger doesnt need to look flash. Martyn

With tyres matey? and do you have pictures at all? if so will send me email. And more importantly how much you want for em :) Cheers Martyn

With tyres matey? and do you have pictures at all? if so will send me email. And more importantly how much you want for em :) Cheers Martyn

Tyres are shot, but maybe good enough to give you an idea (improvement or not), rims are clean and tidy. Will dig out if you want to try them first.

Will be in touch John. Essex is a long way for me to drive to test some wheels to be honest. But thanks for the offer. Martyn

Hey all recently bought an 2003 Accord tourer but seems it has 17 inch wheels fitted which is kinda screwing the ride. Does anyone know the original wheel/tyre size please. currently has 225/45/17. Thanks in advance. Martyn

Hi Martyn you will find wheel and tyre size under sticker on drivers door pillar (it is on mine ) may be originals are 15"

Just checked and tyre size there is 195/65/15 thats even better. Will start scouting around for some 15s instead then. Martyn

Just checked and tyre size there is 195/65/15 thats even better. Will start scouting around for some 15s instead then. Martyn
I think civic wheels will fit ok same 5 stud pcd and I believe offset is the same but you will have to check that.I got a set off gumtree that came off an 07 accord tourer from Ireland .Not in great condition am referbing them at the moment hope to have them on car in a couple off weeks.will let you know what difference they make.also think you may find the 17" wheels are dealer fitted from new as optional extra mine where (15" standard on 2l all models) 16" standard on all 2.2 and 2.4 on 2005 year cars.p.s check you have 280mm discs on front as larger disks fitted to some accords would not allow any clearance for 15" wheels.

When I was looking for a Honda wheel to use as a spare, it appeared to me that Civic wheels (although similar in style and PCD) have a noticeably different offset.

Hi martyn
Have now fitted 15" wheels and new tyres.Can confirm that ride is smoother over bumps and also that tramlining has gone (but some of that may be new tyres was always less tramlining with new rubber on 17" wheels)
i admit the old 17" wheels looked better but at £55. a tyre apposed to £88.I think i am happy with that.Old wheels now going on ebay when i have cleaned them up a bit. Ian