What's new

ADAS Breaking

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
Can anyone tell me on the new 2012 Accord when the ADAS breaking takes over and you do not physically press the break do the stop lights come on and does the new 2012 model have 2 fog and 2 reversing lights?

Can anyone tell me on the new 2012 Accord when the ADAS breaking takes over and you do not physically press the break do the stop lights come on and does the new 2012 model have 2 fog and 2 reversing lights?

Hi Paul

With the ADAS system on the 8th Gen family, braking happens automatically and no need to press the foot pedal. And yes, when braking, the brake lights come on too. Its a bit disconcerting at first but you get used to the ADAS kicking in and most of the time you can avoid it by tempering the speed you travel at and not get too close to the car in front.

Also, rear light clusters remain unchanged with one each reverse/fog light. Hope that helps.

If you have any q's about the ADAS, send me a PM.

:)

Hi Paul

With the ADAS system on the 8th Gen family, braking happens automatically and no need to press the foot pedal. And yes, when braking, the brake lights come on too. Its a bit disconcerting at first but you get used to the ADAS kicking in and most of the time you can avoid it by tempering the speed you travel at and not get too close to the car in front.

Also, rear light clusters remain unchanged with one each reverse/fog light. Hope that helps.

If you have any q's about the ADAS, send me a PM.

:)

Thanks.....may have more question when I finally get my Accord on 10th Jan. Taking a long time now.

No worries Paul.

Only (major) limitation with ADAS is that you cannot change the front grille for a sport grille/after market grille because of the radar thats mounted in the centre "H" badge.

Aside from that, I dont think I can ever buy a non-ADAS equipped car ever again - I totally love it! :D

No worries Paul.

Only (major) limitation with ADAS is that you cannot change the front grille for a sport grille/after market grille because of the radar thats mounted in the centre "H" badge.

Aside from that, I dont think I can ever buy a non-ADAS equipped car ever again - I totally love it! :D

No worries Paul.

Dont think I would want to change the grill.

Getting so impatient now.....

Dont think I would want to change the grill.

Getting so impatient now.....

I understand your impatience! BUt will be worth it when you drive off home :)

Grille's can be hit-n-miss I suppose but even so, the 8th Accord has a massive, dominating front face and most road goers dont even know what it is :lol:

Paul, has it arrived yet?...
I got a pre loved 8G with ADAS recently it's still early days but I love the system

I have HID's - at last! wow daylight / are these legal? (thought to myself knowing the answer), don't think I want to be without HID's in future
- on a side note I keep reading articles about the new 2012 MOT and they all seem to agree that if they don't have auto levelling or washers then it's a fail. (factory fit are fine though as they have these)

Adaptive cruise control, I was laughing the first time it slowed then sped up when some numpty jumped in the gap then jumped out again, old fashioned cruise control just doesn’t cut it anymore..

CMBS, when it decides you're going too quick relative to an object in front, it warns you to BRAKE (written on the dash) and by beeping at you - (not managed to get past this point) , it will get more insistent and eventually brake for you,

You ‘can’ randomly set it off (telling you to brake at least) on a sweeping bend with metal railings on the roads edge or weaving through traffic calming ‘elk test’ barriers

Lane Keep ***ist, lazy lazy lazy, freaky at first, tied with the ACControl you may get bored on your journey but once you trust the system it is a relaxed way to drive.

J

Paul, has it arrived yet?...
I got a pre loved 8G with ADAS recently it's still early days but I love the system

I have HID's - at last! wow daylight / are these legal? (thought to myself knowing the answer), don't think I want to be without HID's in future
- on a side note I keep reading articles about the new 2012 MOT and they all seem to agree that if they don't have auto levelling or washers then it's a fail. (factory fit are fine though as they have these)

Adaptive cruise control, I was laughing the first time it slowed then sped up when some numpty jumped in the gap then jumped out again, old fashioned cruise control just doesn’t cut it anymore..

CMBS, when it decides you're going too quick relative to an object in front, it warns you to BRAKE (written on the dash) and by beeping at you - (not managed to get past this point) , it will get more insistent and eventually brake for you,

You ‘can’ randomly set it off (telling you to brake at least) on a sweeping bend with metal railings on the roads edge or weaving through traffic calming ‘elk test’ barriers

Lane Keep ***ist, lazy lazy lazy, freaky at first, tied with the ACControl you may get bored on your journey but once you trust the system it is a relaxed way to drive.

J

YAY!

Another 8th Genner with ADAS!

I thought I was on my own for a while :lol:

Yes, the whole ADAS set up is bang on - I cant live without it now. Its a wonderful set of devices that work with/interact with the car and driver. :D

not anymore dude! (alone)
the system does seem to work rather well :)
I tend to save it for longer trips but I've noticed I use cruise control more frequently with this system, than I used it with the old car (non adaptive)