What's new

Adjusting highbeam on headlights

hackiz

Members
Reaction score
Car
05 i-CTDi EX Tourer
Hi!

How do you adjust the high beam on the headlights? Mine is too low.. and I need to get them adjusted up a bit?
I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything on it.. :( Anyone got some pics maybe?

Please help, good folks! :)

I got xenon low beam, does that have something to say?

are those factory fitted xeons or aftermarket , if they are aftermarket the adjuster will still be the same.
They are factory fitted. But i don't want too adjust the low beam, only high beam. And they are not xenon, originale.. :p

I love you! Hehe. Will try this out.

Hi.

I'll take this up again.

I can't manage to adjust the highbeam higher! Does anyone else have original Xenon in low beam and can adjust only the high beam?

Pleas help. :) Thanks. :)

I think the whole unit adjusts as one doesn't it?

YesI think the top bolt has to be loosened and the light adjusted that way.

I would like this confirmed though as my lights point way too low.

If your lights are not pointing in the right direction the only way to adjust them, to get it right, and do it properly is to take it to a garage and let them adjust it using a light meter the same as they do in an MOT. Any adjustment by yourself will likely result in the headlight pointing in the wrong direction. This will at the least be an annoyance to oncoming traffic, and at most cause an accident or get you pulled over.

It will take you far longer to fiddle about trying to adjust the light and still not have it in the right place, than the 2 minutes it would take a garage to do it properly. Plus at your next MOT the garage will only correct any adjustment you have attempted to make anyway making your efforts a waste of time.