What's new

Advice needed with recently fitted new rear discs and pads

padraic

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord icdti
Hi everyone, I recently fitted new rear discs and pads to my 2007 accord saloon diesel. I took great care to ensure the face of the hub was cleaned properly before I fitted the new discs. I also checked the sliding pins and they are moving freely.
However I have noticed that the driver side outer pad is only catching the outside halve of the disc.
Has anyone seen this before or know what the problem is?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Padraic.

Are you sure you aligned the inner brake pad notches with the calliper.
From memory the caliper should be wound in so the groves are vertical

I think their is a difference between saloon and tourer pads, from memory and reading it in this forum in the past. If I remember correctly there is some tabs on the back of the pads that need grinding off if you have the wrong ones.Sorry I can't give a definite answer I'm sure another member will soon.

Also your pads will take around 300 miles to bed in if OEM
Or longer if not genuine pads

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I know what you mean, there are two slots that need to be lined up with the tab on the pads. I did check that they were aligned up properly.

brett said:
Also your pads will take around 300 miles to bed in if OEM
Or longer if not genuine pads
I have only done about 100 miles on them yet, so Ill check everything again and wait and see how they settle down.

From experience, they take a while to bed in. They normally grab the outer bit first then work their way towards the centre so they should sort themselves out soon.