What's new

Air con not working?

hornyhonda

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi
Hi guys,
My car has another glitch that needs ironing out. The air con doesnt seem to work. Im hoping its just a regassing that needs doing rather than the actual compressor thats gone. One of my family members has a honda jazz and a little blue LED comes on when the aircon button is pressed. Does the accord have an indicating LED? Also does anyone know where the air con fuse is?
Cheers

try my DIY fault-finding thread
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/10382-diagnosing-aircon-problems/

note that your car is a diesel, and the coil warning light comes on when you pull out the relay n the thread, but the warning is incorrect, and it often clears itself by removing battery negative for about 20 minutes.

also the diesel system is very different from the petrol system, and tht gets developed later on in the thread.

But the basics of testing the compressor clutch in the first instance, are the best test you can do.

Can't vouch for Honda but most makes I've worked on if gas pressure drops below a certain level the clutch won't engage. Best practice would possible following Brian's guide to check clutch. Mine doesn't work but suspecting low pressure. Didn't civics have a air con rad defect? Not sure if it's same on accord. Good luck though.

Ok I tested the clutch and that worked fine and also tested the relay. The fuse also looks good, so im hoping it just needs regassing which im guessing is not something I can do at home? how much is a regas? Ive never had to get it done.

I'll check the other things Brian mentioned in his thread before placing my bets on a regas.

You can by diy 're gasing from auto parts places and halfrauds, not used one myself but am planning on it at some point. Maybe somebody else here has used one and can give you the low down. Only issue is If you have a leak which really needs regassing with the dye in which they check under uv.

I looked at regassing my previous car myself but it worked out just as cheap to get a pro to re-gas the system.

Thanks. I'll look into it when/if the weather gets warmer :)

How does the accord indicate you have the aircon switched on? I cant see an LED or dash warning light which seems a bit strange. Can anyone with a working aircon tell me how you can tell its on or off?

No LED on the accord and I drove round in my first accord for about six months thinking the aircon was broken. I hadn't switched it on.

With the nav cars you need to make sure the on button is pressed on the touch screen aircon controls.

Thanks Jamie. I'll giv eit another check just ot be sure. It seems silly they didnt add a little indicating led