What's new

Air Con Receiver Drier location?

Stratos

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 i-CTDi Tourer
Hi
It has been a while since I have been here but I have had some health issues which means I can no longer drive although I'm still fighting the DVLA to get my license back.
I still have my (even pinker!!) 2007 i-CTDi Accord and thought I would try to do some maintenance on it
Now please bear with as my knowledge is not as good as it was as I have lost all my memory and I'm slowly trying to rebuild what I had but it's so frustrating at times!
I need to look at the air con as it appears to leak or drop in pressure. I changed the pressure switch (just in case) and my brother took it to be re-gassed but 6 months later, it no longer works again. There was no report of a leak and it did work for 5 months.
Now, one thing I have never changed is the receiver/drier however, I have no idea where it is?? I have purchased one so I know what I'm looking at but still cannot find it!!
Where is it?? please!!

It's a cylinder attached to the side of the condenser which looks like another radiator in front of the coolant radiator.

It's a cylinder attached to the side of the condenser which looks like another radiator in front of the coolant radiator.

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I have purchased a new one so I guessed that may be the location judging by its shape however, after struggling to get at it, i'm not sure that that is the location?
My new drier unit has inlet and outlet connections fitted to it and when I look at the cylinder shaped tube on the condenser, there are no connecters going to it and it appears to be sealed with a plate with a large letter 'G' stamped into it? Had to get my boroscope out to check
Am I going mad??

the dryer is part of the condenser, you may as well replace both as you'll more than likely need to remove the condenser to get to the dryer.
its probably the condenser anyway.