What's new

Air con service?

Wilderman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen7 Vtec sport
Ive noticed recently that my air con isn't as cold as it was so im just after a bit of advice. Is it worth having the air con serviced or should I save a bit of cash and go for just a re-gas? Just wondering if any one knows whats involved with the service?
Also is there anything unique to the Honda system or would any garage be ok doing it?

Any garage with straight hands and good gas refiller . Also its good idea to clean er evaporator with foam, could be a lots of mushrooms there ))

If you get it serviced the garage should treat it with some anti-bacterial stuff as well as re-gassing. Air con systems can get a bit pongy after a while. Any garage who offers an air-con service should be able to do this not just a Honda MD.

I have just re-gassed my air con on my I-CDTI accord.
The aircon was pretty weak although working fine.
Past few weeks have been really hot and the air con was not cutting it.

Went to Northway tyres as a mate of mine works there. 30min of re-gassing - no leaks and successful after test

The current reading was 0.180kg which is pretty low - hence why the air con was weak.
After the recharge it was 0.475 kg

Once complete the air con was really cold even on the first setting

Highly recommend a re-gas. Then use one of those air con cleansing aerosols after wards if the air con smell is really bad.

I had my aircon re-gassed at Kwik Fit, was great for about a month, then I turned it off to save on mpg (average went up by 10mpg!!).

When I turned it back on again all I got was hot air, so I took it back for a free re-gas under warranty, it has cooled it again but no where near what it should be.

Any ideas why it's still blowing warmer than it should? I know my air filter needs changing, would that affect the air con?

Devlin1973 said:
I had my aircon re-gassed at Kwik Fit, was great for about a month, then I turned it off to save on mpg (average went up by 10mpg!!).

When I turned it back on again all I got was hot air, so I took it back for a free re-gas under warranty, it has cooled it again but no where near what it should be.

Any ideas why it's still blowing warmer than it should? I know my air filter needs changing, would that affect the air con?
Do you mean your pollen filter if so it will help.
It sounds like you might have a leak in the system.
Honda can put an ultra violet dye in your air con to see where it's leaking from.

brett said:
Do you mean your pollen filter if so it will help.
It sounds like you might have a leak in the system.
Honda can put an ultra violet dye in your air con to see where it's leaking from.
Kwik Fit did a pressure test to check for leaks, no leak found.