What's new

Air con working passenger side only

naz1612

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 EX 2.2 i-ctdi
It appears that my aircon is working passenger side only. Are there two seperate systems considering that you have the 'dual' option for heating/cooling?

Or could there be some other problem?

Naz when you say the passenger side only is working do you mean cold air.
Is there air blowing out of the drivers side but warm?

Naz when you say the passenger side only is working do you mean cold air.
Is there air blowing out of the drivers side but warm?

Hi Brett

I had the air con running and used a temperature probe to measure the airflow temp. This was inserted into each of the two central vents. On the drivers side (RH central and driver side vent) the air was ambient temp - around 17/18 deg C. On the passenger side (LH central vent & passenger vent) the temperature went down to 12 deg C. Outside temp was 17 deg C.

So it appears the passenger side was cooling but driver side isn't - I made sure the 'dual' button was off and the temp was set to 'LO'. Any ideas?

PS - I've got my MOT tomorrow and asked also for aircon recharge so may sort out this issue but was just curious as to whether there is a dual / split system in the Accord.

Cheers
Naz

Im sure its only 1 system so i would say get a regas as the air comes in from the passenger side so it will be stronger from that side.Also when was the pollen filter changed as this will effect the efficiency of the AC as well.

Im sure its only 1 system so i would say get a regas as the air comes in from the passenger side so it will be stronger from that side.Also when was the pollen filter changed as this will effect the efficiency of the AC as well.

Ok.
Not sure when pollen filter last changed - will check service history.

Will let you know tomorrow after re-gas if this has cured the problem.

Ok.
Not sure when pollen filter last changed - will check service history.

Will let you know tomorrow after re-gas if this has cured the problem.
Good man i would change the pollen filter as well for good measure and i am sure this will sort your problem.

Good man i would change the pollen filter as well for good measure and i am sure this will sort your problem.

Got aircon re-gassed and works absolutely fine. Didn't get to change pollen filter but will do so soon...

PS - breezed through the MOT....woohooo....

Got aircon re-gassed and works absolutely fine. Didn't get to change pollen filter but will do so soon...

PS - breezed through the MOT....woohooo....
;) Good result Naz a nice easy fix :)