What's new

air conditioning

JAPIMPORT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 ACCORD SE
does anyones air conditioning be really bad.mine doesnt even be cold when i turn it on,ive never turned it on before,until today,i noticed the ac condenser is missing loads of fins,would this have anything to do with it,will i need a new condenser,and another thing ive noticed is my hot air blower isnt the best either,and its noisey aswell,would a cabin filter change sort that out,thanks for your help guys

You could need a regas, but if you haven't used the AC, then you might now have a host if other problems.

Changing the pollen filter makes a big difference on the blower. Not that hard to change either. I did it myself using the how to on here. Only took about half an hour to do.

Thanks for the info lads,I'm going to do the cabin filter this week,along with an oil change,I might buy one of them re gas kits for the a/c in halfords,thanks again for your help, I'll keep yous posted.

Thanks for the info lads,I'm going to do the cabin filter this week,along with an oil change,I might buy one of them re gas kits for the a/c in halfords,thanks again for your help, I'll keep yous posted.

Defos get a new cabin filter in there, a old dirty 1 restricts air flow and makes the blower work harder to counter the back draft.

before you run into halfords and buy a re-gas kit ask them to check the pressure of the A/C first this will help detect if the condenser is leeking as you say its missing bits it mite also of broke and caused a leek hence no A/C. this is a free check they offer if they have a member of staff trained and available ;)

Keep us updated

thanks tin man ill check out halfords,wont do any harm,and ill keep yous updated

is there anyway telling if its packed it in,i hope its not packed in meself,i have a feeeling ill be visiting the scrapyards,thanks for the help

To be honest, i personally would put my money on the pollen filter.

Let us know how it worked out in the end though dude.

just a quick update,i changed the pollen filter,and i have to say,what a difference,to be honest i didnt think it would make this much of a difference,its so much better,stronger breeze from the air vent,no more loud hum noise, so im happy,i tried the air conditioning,and its much better,so i think it may need a charge up,im going to halfords tommorow to get an a/c check,and ill let yous know how i got on

Good news fella. It's always nice when these things have a happy endning.

I can second the pollen filter change.

I just bought my Accord with an 'undiagnosed aircon fault' that meant there was virtually no air coming out of the vents.

When I dug the pollen filter out from behind all the metalwork and wires it was totally clogged and black.

Put a new filter in and it blows like a gale (well, nearly).