What's new

Alarm deactivation?

donk_3030

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Ex
hello people!

anyone know how to turn lock the car without activating the alarm?(7th Gen tourer) i left the sunroof open the other day, locked it with the fob and the alarm kept going off.
i was in France the other week and on the ferry it says to deactivate the alarm so i just locked it with the key, i don't know if this actually worked or not? but didn't have a flat battery when i came back to the car!

i also have a dog but haven't had to leave him in the car by himself before........incase he decides to eat the interior!! but it'd be good if i could have the option, e.g go pay for fuel without the alarm keep going off.

any help is always apreciated.

Chris

I think you use the drivers door button thingy. So with the door open push down the door lock plunger, then close the door (not with your keys on the seat!). It won't let you do it with the keys in the ignition.

yep, that has done the trick. Ta.

push drivers door lock pin down, close door, indercators flash 3 times. i waited 30secs then waved my arm through the window (i left open) and the alarm didn't go off...happy days!

i did pull the lock pin up to and open the door to confirm the alarm went off and it did.

Funnily enough I did this today, pushed down the pin and closed the door - both front windows open. About half hour later the alarm was going off!! :huh: Luckily I was nearby anyway but no idea why it went off - maybe it thought something had been opened.

Funnily enough I did this today, pushed down the pin and closed the door - both front windows open. About half hour later the alarm was going off!! :huh: Luckily I was nearby anyway but no idea why it went off - maybe it thought something had been opened.

maybe someone "tested" it for you?

Strange! The only way I could get it to go off was to pull the pin up and open the door. Maybe it was one of your huskys trying to escape! ;-)

I've never tried this. Only trick I know is to pull the bonnet, use the fob to lock the car, then push the bonnet down. Doors all locked that way, but deffo no alarm.