What's new

Alarm went off for no reason

gathor

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
Tourer
Yello.
I parked my car at PcWorld and tried to open it 5 mins later. Car unlocked but the alarm went off instantly. There were no lights flashing, car locked and unlocked without a problem, I could start the car up. I disconnected the battery's "+" and it stopped but as soon as I made a connection again it went off again. Tried that several times and it went quiet for good. Drove to ASDA and back, locked and unlocked it for numerous times but the problem didn't reoccur. There are no error lights on the dash. I will plug in error reader to OBD later (need to find it) to see if there is anything in ECU. What do you think happened guys? Let me know, Dan

Check to make sure that one of the lock buttons on the back doors isn't stuck in the up position.... I had this too a while back.

No idea why it made it go off but it sure was loud having to drive with the sounder going off !!

Thanks mate. Surprisingly it wasn't that loud, the sound was coming from boot speaker only. What makes me wonder is why it was that only, no lights at all just the sound. Just hope it won't trigger by itself at 3am ;/. Dan