What's new

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Birmingham Area

Monks

Admin / Co-Founder
Reaction score
Car
-
Well I decided in the end not to sell my spare RX8 wheels but have them refurbished instead. I was not prepared to spend mega money and having spoken to a local guy with an EP3 he suggested http://www.citypowdercoaters.co.uk/

They are located in Digbeth Birmingham city centre which is within walking distance from the bull ring. When I turned up I had a good look around and I was shocked at the difference in quality of workmanship i.e. some great examples and some not so good. However they only charge £20 per rim so I was thinking I’m not risking too much and decided to give them my wheels.

Two days later I get a call to say they would be ready to collect Friday, I was amazed I didn’t have to chase them in fact I was stuttering my words I was so shocked. Normally I find with these types of places you always need to call and call so I was impressed.

So when I picked them up I didn’t know what I was going to find I was imagining the worst. So when I saw the wheels I was very shocked at how good they looked. There is a bit on one wheel that was badly scratched and kerbed which hasn’t come out brilliant. However overall I’m pleased as its cost £80 and the cheapest I was quoted elsewhere was £230!!
Anyway here is my thread with the before pics http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/575-18-rx8-alloys-for-sale/

Here are the pics after they have been done by citypowdercoaters

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

In summary if you want to spruce up your wheels and not spend much money I would recommend them 100%. If however you want a perfect refurbishment and prepared to pay more money then you may be a little disappointed by the finish. For me for £80 I’m pleased with what I’ve got in return but then again I didn’t expect much so being pleasantly surprised is always nice.

they look spankin buddy, cheap at the price too! Up here you'd pay an easy £40 per rim for a refurb B)

What colour are they Andy? Thought you were going for a slightly darker finish?

Fantastic end result by the way B)

I was till I saw that colour in person it looked really flat and depressed :blink:

So I went safe and got silver with a flec its nice B)

Gotcha B) Well they look stunning either way mate.

for the price you can't complain but i guess as you say when you look closer you notice things...but how close are you going to look all the time :ph34r:

Andy they look sweet perfect job mate.I may get my first gen rally alloy wheels down to him. It has curbing on all wheels.

so what the plan with these wheels then, are you going to keep them.

Not sure buddy might stick them on for the winter and be done with it.

Monks thats where i get all my wheels done at to ;)

My pentas are getting done there right now and lee down there is a top man :)

Yep he is sound and for what you pay its such a good deal really.

I'm reviving this ancient thread because I've been recommended a wheel refurbishment company who that I believe is the same company mentioned above... https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/

Prices still start from only £20 per wheel (if you supply them with the tyres already removed) but has anyone here on TA had any recent experience of them?

Any other cheap places in the West Midlands that anyone can recommend?

Glad all sorted how much did it all cost ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
Glad all sorted how much did it all cost ?

It's not all sorted, I only dropped them off yesterday! I will report back when I've collected them, which should be Friday (or maybe early next week).

We agreed on £200, which includes tyre removal/refit (including balance and new valves).

Picked up my wheels from Wheel Perfection this morning and I'm very happy with the results. I received a phone call late yesterday to say that they were ready, so near enough a two day turnaround.

The powder coating itself is pretty much perfect with a smooth gloss finish, but up close it is possible to see some areas of underlying pitting from where the worst patches of corrosion had been (but I am being very picky here). I went for an 'AMG Gunmetal' finish, which is a fair bit darker than the original silver colour and actually makes the car look pleasantly different.

Happy to recommend this place to those in the West Midlands.

Glad to hear good results for reasonable price