Which Alloy Wheel?

• Total voters

iar1980

Members
Reaction score
Car
56 Accord i-CTDi Ex
Hi Folks!

Need your help and opinions on which alloys you think will look good on me car, see link for pics of alloys

https://picasaweb.google.com/116916045466743546136/AlloyWheels?authkey=Gv1sRgCKC8jcC5hL_7VA

I have attached a poll to help me with your opinions, The pics should be in the order as the above poll!

I have also added the below link of my car as guidance

https://picasaweb.google.com/116916045466743546136/HondaAccord?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ-0wdfC_ujVmwE

Thanks!
smile.gif

Could somebody also tell me what inch alloys are best for each of the following;

Ride Comfort

Handling

Better MPG

Thanks!
smile.gif

For comfort, mpg & predictable handling then the stock wheels are best.....any bigger & each attribute will suffer

IMO all your possible choices are a bit fussy. A nice set of OEM 17" Pentas (possibly with some decent lowering springs) would look nice & understated IMO. Clean lines & a bolt on fit...Easy.

With any bigger rims than 17" it will be imperative to lower the car else it will ride far too high too

I don't think the 7th Gen lends itself well to wheels that look particularly aftermarket- less is more if you get my meaning

For comfort, mpg & predictable handling then the stock wheels are best.....any bigger & each attribute will suffer

IMO all your possible choices are a bit fussy. A nice set of OEM 17" Pentas (possibly with some decent lowering springs) would look nice & understated IMO. Clean lines & a bolt on fit...Easy.

With any bigger rims than 17" it will be imperative to lower the car else it will ride far too high too

I don't think the 7th Gen lends itself well to wheels that look particularly aftermarket- less is more if you get my meaning

Thanks for the advice Chris!

Have been looking for penta's for sometime but to no avail, hence the reason i have also been looking at some aftermarket ones!
smile.gif

The best fitment would be 18's slighlty bigger than stock but not too big so you start to compromise handling or rubbing issuses,also depends if you are going to lower the accord(imho opinion,it sits too high as standard and needs a drop).wheel pcd should be any thing from 45-50(as honda standard)and pref no wider than 8inches,you can go wider,but prob need to roll back arhes,especially,with a drop. Regarding what alloys bud,it all depends on what look you after! Sport then rota's do look good,classy merc amg or polished face(like mine)will do,it all depends on what effect you after.i personelly went down the jdm vip look,maybe not to everyones taste,but i like it.. ;)