What's new

Aloy wheel refurbishment

Mr Sparkle

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 ES GT Saloon
My 18" Storms are a in a bit of a sad state. I've seen plenty of mobile companies that come to you. However if I drop them off somewhere, do any of these places offer replacement wheels & tyres to keep you mobile? Or am I just asking too much?

never saw any companies offer a spare set of rims to run around in.
do any of your mates not have a set of spare honda rims?
once the rims are refurbed and painted, its best to leave it for a
couple of days before putting the tyres back on.
whats the finish on the storms, just silver?

Dude there is a place in Derby that leaves you with replacement rims during the time they fix your's. I haven't used them myself but a friend had his done at a cost of about £45 per alloy. I'll try to get the details for you

I remember seeing a national company that did it jake but cant remember who. But wasn't sure it if it was a general service offered. I don't have a spare set to borrow. How much would some steelies cost and where could I get them?

I've decided always to keep two spare rims. Not only does it keep you on the road at times like these, it also means you can take advantage of discounts on 4 new boots when only your fronts are worn.

I tend to keep a full set of alloys and wheels in spare just in case :rolleyes:
Or two or three or maybe ask Fahad he`s normally got a dozen hanging around somewhere
:lol:

Just had all mine done - flawless job - company called Powedertec in Glasgow if anyone in the area needs a recommendation. They were done in 24 hours, and look brand new. Word of advice, they charge exactly half price if you have someone who can put it through as a trade job - £27.50 per wheel.

Is there any such thing as getting a buckle out of an alloy?

I've a small buckle in 2 of my pentas now due to the bad state of the roads over here :(

Cheers Pepster, that's the company I remember - Pristine. Will check out the local companies as I'm sure you pay for that carriage service.

Only thinking of tidying them up as I may have to downgrade the car to help get a house deposit together :(