What's new

Ambient lighting.

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
After having ambient lighting in my last two cars i was disappointed to find the Accord didnt have it, So i did my own and it has come out really well and gives a very light glow on the gearstick just as i wanted.
Here are some pretty poor quality pics from my camera phone to give you an idea of how it looks. Im well chuffed with the result as it looks factory.

4b36595b-3725-470f-8204-1b86c42dff4b.jpg

1e9d19b1-fc18-493b-a6c8-0d0f1a1c0a9a.jpg

fbe43324-1a4d-49b7-8722-14fc6e8ce24c.jpg

Blimey fella that's bright B) or is it just the photos

Blimey fella that's bright B) or is it just the photos

Its the camera. :lol:

It looks nowhere near as bright in reality. I need to take some pics with a decent camera but my son poked his finger through the shutter and killed mine so i have to put up with my phone for now.

Brett its the little led mod Al did ages ago, looks okay mate.

Brett its the little led mod Al did ages ago, looks okay mate.

:lol: I had better clear that up. Its the 2 little amber LED's that your looking at and not the map lights.

Mine is a little different to the one in the how to. I put my bulbs at the front of the light unit as seen in the first pic so they shine directly on to the gear stick lightly illuminating the silver bit on the gear knob at night.

It looks cool dude, nice one
smile.gif
smile.gif

Looks good, v-a-g been doing this for years, took 8 generations for honda to catch up. something I would like to do though.