What's new

AMG alloys for the 7th Gen

Blanco808

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Hi All

Not so long ago I upgraded my 17" Pentas for 18" Storms in kaiser silver. I always liked the style and colour of the Pentas on the 7th Gen but just felt that they didn't fill the arches enough even with the car lowered.

I have since scoured resources such as the TSX wheel gallery on flickr etc etc, but could not quite find anything that floated my boat.

However, I eventually manage to come across a few images of the 7th Gen with staggered AMG merc rims at 5x112 which I really really like.

562265_406254166064711_100000403921856_1266282_201498133_n.jpg

KGrHqVrMFDHnhqpBQ7JgHceQQ48_80_zps318ce6fc.jpg

My question to all the wheel guru's is what would be the best approach to get these to fit ? replace hubs ? Wobble nuts ? Any suggestions and links to what I may need would be much appreciated.

wobble nuts and spigot rings which are hard to get 66.6 to 64.1 that's all you need to fit Merc wheels
here's my tourer with C class 17" winter wheels
4F0B6CF7-8455-4658-92E7-851BDB5D3742-149-00000005CEFA3DE5.jpg

I think AMG wheels look great on the 7th gen but don't forget to change the centre cap for a Honda one.

The amg alloys should be a straight fit, I had 19in amg alloys on my accord but got rid of em because they were too big and heavy for a car designed to have 16in alloys

Changing the center caps is a defo Brett. Paul i'm looking at the 18" simply because I refuse to pay the price for 19" tyres !

Haha that's another reason y I got rid of the amg alloys aswell, ridiculous prices for tyres

I don't think it worths the conversion to that merc wheels, that is a classic wheel design you can find that design on a lot of manufacturers without the hassle doing conversions or others... I believe ATS wheels manufacturer build the wheels for AMG maybe you want to check there, too.

Nah.......AMG belongs to Merc, that's like having Mugen on a Merc :).

But those wheels do look reeeeeeeally good on the Accord.
Indeed plus amg are the kings of speed. Mugen does not compare. Mugen taylors for a different market.

Indeed plus amg are the kings of speed. Mugen does not compare. Mugen taylors for a different market.

Generally people ***ociate Mugen with Honda. But AMG is [/b ] Mercedes.

Those wheels still look good though :D

I do get some people's point with the branding of the wheels etc, but TBH im not bothered about the make its more the styling and quality. Its a real bug bearer of mine to see cars badged with something they are not anyway, for eg I saw a red MK1 MR2 the other wk with a 'Ferrari' badge lumped on the grill !!!!!!!!!!!! I would probably have the AMG wording etched out before being powder coated and I'm not a huge believer in branding, I would quite happily buy from Primark just as I would from Cruize, its all about style, quality and value for money. I would imagine that Merc demand a certain level of quality anyway over the likes of some other poorer quality wheels and there not really a difficult job to fit anyway as pointed out just to add spigot rings and wobble nuts !

Im sure wobble nuts would be the way bud...I remember looking into them when looks for rims for mine...alot of the Ireland tuners have them on accords..

Grzesiek can you point me to somewhere that sells that size I cant find them anywhere !
sorry I can't help, I bought nuts and spigot rings in Poland as I couldn't find any in UK, unfortunately about week ago I sold it.

Ya way to many have amg alloys over here, to bad they all have welds holding em together