What's new

Annoying Squeak

spud350

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2.4 Type-S
I have a frustrating squeak when I brake and release the brake pedal. It sounds like it's coming from outside of the car and it's only when I realease the pedal not push it down. I thought it may be the pads not releasing properly so stripped all the calipers, cleaned out the crud, silicone greased the pistons, new copper slip and bingo still there.

I'm considering the brake cylinder but then if I brake to a stop and keep my foot on the brake it's still there, which doesn't suggest the cylinder. Then sometimes if I'm pulling away with the wheel hard over I hear the little chirp which suggests perhaps suspension but ahgain it's not always there.

Quite honestly it's infuriating so whatever is happening when I release the brake pedal is causing a loud squeak which could be just about anything.

Anyone had anything similar?

Cheers FS.

I had something similar a few months ago. The car suddenly started to squeak very loud, it was embarrassing. Braked hard a few times and after about 2 miles it stopped. I suspected it was a small rock somewhere close to the disks.

A week ago it started again, applied a few hard breaks, accelerated and again, in a few miles it stopped.

Don't know what could be...

Is it the pads or discs?

I'm flummoxed. Every time I think I've got it nailed down it sqeaks when it's not meant to. I'll check the brakes again and the cover, and then it will be spraying one suspension component at a time I think.