What's new

another accord goodbye :(

noely02

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 vtec sport
well its another sad farewell to an accord...................

she's had to go, over the last few weeks its been driving like one of those wonkey wheeled shopping trolleys so i got my local garage to look her over, turns out that some of the front and rear suspension arms, links and bushes have a lot of play in them, which in turn have wrecked 3 of the tyres.

so with the new parts, fitting, labour, 3 new tyre, and alignment its going to cost more than the cars worth, with it getting near to 180000 miles soon was also a deciding factor.

shame really, hasn't left me stranded at the side of the road, had a few issues which i have had brilliant help of the forum, and i feel the engine could go on for another 180000 too.

Are you getting a replacement 6th gen, or moving on to a 7th/8th? EBay's got some great bargains!

got myself a mazda 6, price and spec couldn't really say no, was thinking of going up a gen, but really needed a replacement quick.

i'm keeping my account open, when i wuss out riding my bike in the cold weather i do intend to get another, maybe one with higher spec than the vtec sport

Hi noely, sorry to hear about your car. I was wondering, if you are going to scrap the accord would you been interested in removing the heater resistor and selling it? Mine is caput.
I'm based in Brighton so only down the road.
Thanks

Simon