What's new

Another engine bay clean

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Well guys you have set a good example for this detailing so thought i would give it ago as well.
Hear are the results though the engine wasn't to bad to be honest.

PICT0091-1.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0089.jpg

PICT0088.jpg

PICT0092.jpg

PICT0090-1.jpg

Now your just showing off :lol:

Very nice mate!

Now your just showing off :lol:

Very nice mate!
:rolleyes: lol this is what i used iv had it for a wile just plucked up the courage to drown the engine.
The car took 2 turns to start so i was sweating a bit.But ran the car to warm her up and dry off the remainder.

P110706_171434.jpg

Nice work Brett. Jav better watch out he has some competition !!!!! :)
Cheers Oscar i think if clean this once a month it will stay like new :)

Did you just liberally spray the cleaner around the bay or were you avoiding parts?

Did you just liberally spray the cleaner around the bay or were you avoiding parts?
Yep i liberally sprayed the cleaner washed with water then dried.Then used the dressing and buffed up job done :)

Nice... will be doing similar at the weekend... Although my snow foam and sluice is still pretty shiny (well for a black diesel engine cover anyway).

Looking forward to some shiny tubing and glossy blacks :D

Shame about all the rusty bits lower down - not much can be done for those :(.

Shame about all the rusty bits lower down - not much can be done for those :(.

I had the same on my old car i think unless you clean and treat the bay from day 1 your going to get this IMO

Looks very indeed Brett. Interesting it took longer to start though. Did you soak the ignition system?

Looks very indeed Brett. Interesting it took longer to start though. Did you soak the ignition system?
I did rather drown the car but all is ok with no fault lights on.Thanks shabz this was the worry i had hence why it took me so long to do this clean.

:lol:

lol Paul trust you to notice that

cheers mate

Great result Brett,

I can so picture the moment when you first tried to start her up again. :D

Glad all was safe and you now have a sparkling bay for the meet

cheers Carl i think ill do it again before the meet but just a top dressing

hhhhmmm.... Wonder if I can put the degreaser into my snow foam attachment? :lol:

Maybe not...:D That would be too lazy.

I normally cover all electrics with a plastic bag or something to protect them before cleaning the engine with water.
I recently jet washed my brothers civic which came out really good. Only car that gave me issue was my sisters megane which miss fired for a bit but I soon fixed that with some wd-40. Well it's French after all lol