What's new

Another Rusty Sunroof

If you fix sunroof rust, can you buy new seal on it? I cant find the part number.

Antsah said:
If you fix sunroof rust, can you buy new seal on it? I cant find the part number.
New seals are not avalible for the sunroof

Been to HH today for a service and a great experience yet again.
They took some photos of my rusty sunroof and will be passing this onto Honda uk.
Hear is a few shots of the corrosion.

18b58b7316afbb6e9a014827f9b6a98c_zps1097ec61.jpg

91bc4be1f03d44e760628692f0027f1f_zpse481f8d6.jpg

Cliffordski said:
hope they sort it for you brett

i'll probably give the 8th gen a miss because of this issue tbh
I'm a bit peed as mine is on the front of the sunroof so didn't check when the car was in warranty.
All the other sunroofs affected was on the rear of the glass.
It's not that bad at the moment so if honda don't come up trumps I will try and sort it out myself if it's possible.

fwiw I've discovered my sun roof is rusty. Honda won't help me as I didn't get the car from them however I'm going to write to Honda UK and at least make them aware of it. I'll save up for a new one and hope it keeps the water out while I do.

let's hope they approve the claim although it still looks superficial so i'm sure you could put something on it that would slow it down

you don't pay £500 a year tax like i do so it's swings and roundabouts i guess

Well guys and girls Iv just found out that Honda has put a TSB out on 15/01/15 number #SO-08-011-00UK.
This is an extended warranty on all accords year 2009 for 7 years and unlimited mileage.
Fix is to replace the sunroof with a modified sunroof.
Great stuff from Honda but mine is a 2010 so might have a battle on my hand.

Well Iv heard back from honda and they have offered me some goodwill.
With new sunroof and labour £400.
Not the news I wanted so will take this matter further I think

Cliffordski said:
Seems unfair the TSB is for 09 cars only if others have the same fault.
My thoughts as well Cliff considering its a newer car and most probably the same sunroof.
I'm sure it's down to more sells of 09 plates and more people with problems with them

Just had a major service at rotherham honda. New iridium plugs. Front brake pads. New tyre. mot. recall on the windscreen trims done And a brand new shiny sun roof Fantastic service....only had to mention it and they printed off the warranty extension, took a photo, ordered it from Belgium and fitted it today. Mines a 59 plate.only bit of bad news is my passenger speaker has just started farting

No good yet Cliff
Can I ask can members to put the code of their new or original sunroof and reg hear pleases.
It's on the off side back of the sunroof and say if it new design or old.
I just want to compare codes to mine.

I took mine into Honda Ayr a month ago. They took pictures sent them to Honda and it is in today for a new sunroof free of charge

Hey, Just off the phone with Honda. My sunroof had rusted in a similar fashion to yours and after getting a quote just short of £800 asked how much Honda would contribute. Good news as although its outwith the extended sunroof warranty, a claim was submitted regardless and Honda will replace it free of charge! Well chuffed!!! I had a full Honda service with the last one just being a local garage. Hope this helps!

Chris

Des2014 said:
20150423_202618_zps02dygt5c.jpg

20150423_204556_zpsh63ocdfg.jpg

Got this if it's any use to anyone
Hi,
My accord falls within the range of those vins, it a 2008 , however at honda dealer and on lings it is displayed as a 2009 model.
It was registered november 2008,so 7 year limit was november 2015 i wonder what are my chances of getting this replaced. My ***umption would be that the rust didnt start to occur inside the last year.

accord1108 said:
Hi,
My accord falls within the range of those vins, it a 2008 , however at honda dealer and on lings it is displayed as a 2009 model.
It was registered november 2008,so 7 year limit was november 2015 i wonder what are my chances of getting this replaced. My ***umption would be that the rust didnt start to occur inside the last year.
Mine was a 2008 (8th Generation) accord and Honda honored changing the sun roof. I don't think this is a warranty issue but more of a "the sunroof was defective from inital manufacture" issue. Go to Honda and they should change it for free. If not kick up a fuss and contact Honda UK (I had to contact Honda Ireland).

Thanks,
Was yours a uk car originally, I'm in Ireland, I think I should contact Honda ireland?

accord1108 said:
Thanks,
Was yours a uk car originally, I'm in Ireland, I think I should contact Honda ireland?
My car is in Ireland and was a UK import. So head to your local Honda main dealer and get the process started. If you have any issues PM me and I'll give you the contact details of a guy in Honda Ireland who I contacted (pestered) to get mine sorted.

Time to resurrect an old thread from the dead, now that our cars are getting older and most likely not covered by any kind of warranty or goodwill warranty extensions. The sunroof on my 2009 CW2 started to bubble, Honda Switzerland said too bad and quoted me an absurd 2,000CHF just for parts (that's roughly 1,800GBP).

I managed to source a new sunroof directly from Japan from the following site:

Total price after FedEx shipping and PayPal fees was 450CHF (400GBP). It took 4 weeks to source the part in Japan and shipping should take another 5-10 days.

Maybe this will help someone in the future.

Time to resurrect an old thread from the dead, now that our cars are getting older and most likely not covered by any kind of warranty or goodwill warranty extensions. The sunroof on my 2009 CW2 started to bubble, Honda Switzerland said too bad and quoted me an absurd 2,000CHF just for parts (that's roughly 1,800GBP).

I managed to source a new sunroof directly from Japan from the following site:

Total price after FedEx shipping and PayPal fees was 450CHF (400GBP). It took 4 weeks to source the part in Japan and shipping should take another 5-10 days.

Maybe this will help someone in the future.

Sunroof arrived with FedEx today, I installed it myself in 10 minutes.

Order process was a bit weird, first I ordered 70200-TL0-G22, they said it's not for sale in Japan, so I ordered 70200-TL0-G21 instead, which worked. In the package, I actually received 70200-TL0-G22. I ***ume they don't make the G21 version anymore. I also had to pay a small surcharge for extra weight, so in the end, total price was 63,699 JPY plus tax. (This currently works out to roughly 400GBP plus tax). Packaging was great, wrapped in a ton of bubble wrap. The part is brand new.

Overall, I highly recommend IMPEX Japan, if you have some patience.