What's new

...Another Tailgate Problem (Tourer)

There is emergency release inside boot under flap in the middle, if the boot opens fully on a level road then struts will not be that bad, my suspicion is wiring loom if you had hds then you could diagnose further, however I suggest wiring loom on both hinges as mine has been working for ,2 years as I extended previous wires so new wiring I installed does not break again. I had broken wires ok left and right hinge I bought a wiring loom from eBay for different car used wires and heat shrink to solder in new wires, all works perfect to date.

Success! It was actually very easy and I am very lucky, but here's what happened:

To recap: The power tailgate stopped responding to the key fob and the button. After a battery reset, it would start to open (from fob) but after a few inches of lift, beeps (as if there was an obstruction) and close. After then, the power lock would not work and no buttons again.
The Fix: After some recommendations to have a look at the wiring, I popped off the trim and plastic cover to open up the wiring on the left hinge. It all looked pretty clean with nothing worn and stretched or even dirty to be honest. Now, I am not a very advanced amateur mechanic, so the thoughts of pulling out the wiring and soldering is beyond me, so with no obvious visible frayed wires, I was resolved to taking it to the Honda dealer. So i packed it carefully back into the plastic cover and closed the boot. And when I closed the boot the power lock enabled. So I tried the key fob and button and everything is hunky dory again! Hopefully it lasts.

Thanks very much to honda_saj for giving me the impetus to at least have a go. And antdad for his advice also. Saved me a trip to the mechanic and a potentially expensive diagnostic!

Success! It was actually very easy and I am very lucky but here's what happened:

To recap: The power tailgate stopped responding to the key fob and the button. After a battery reset, it would start to open (from fob) but after a few inches, beep (as if there was an obstruction) and close. After then, the power lock would not work and no buttons again.
The Fix: After some recommendation from honda_saj to have a look at the wiring, I popped off the trim and plastic cover to open up the wiring on the left hinge. It all looked pretty clean with nothing worn and stretched or even dirty to be honest. No I am not a very advanced amateur mechanic, so the thoughts of pulling out the wiring and soldering is beyond me, so with no obvious visible frayed wires, I was resolved to taking it to the Honda dealer. So i packed it carefully back into the plastic cover and closed the boot. And when I closed the boot the power lock enabled. So I tried the key fob and button and everything is hunky dory again! Hopefully it lasts.
Thanks very much to honda_saj for giving me the impetus to at least have a go. Saved me a trip to the mechanic and potentially an expensive diagnosis!

Glad it was sorted if it comes back at least you know where to look, i had very similar fault and when it came back i stripped both hinges did proper repair, tested with hds and then ashamed to say left covers off for nearly a year before i fixed back. ;)