What's new

Another Tyre pressure thread

gtv

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Hi folks, when I brought my tourer I noticed that the tyres seem to be oversized ie, plate on the door says it should have 205/55/R16 but in fact I have 225/50/R16 fitted. The wheels are standard but because they are oversized they always seem to look like they are flat, does anybody have any ideas on what pressure I should be running them?
I will change them back to the correct size when they are worn out but at the moment they have around 7mm all round so won't be for a while.

The tyres are really different to the oem spec, i'd probably use a psi or two more than what oem recommends, but wouldn't go much more. I've no experience in running a tyre that wider than recommended... :blink: :blink:

My 205/55/R16's always look flat on the front too!

Matt said:
My 205/55/R16's always look flat on the front too!
Same here. Seemed weird at first, but you'll get used to it! :p

I've got Honda Storm alloys with 225/40/R18 tyres and read conflicting pressures on the Web. The label on the door pillar doesn't list my tyre. Do people reckon 36 psi is right?

As a guide, keep an eye on the tread wear - if the tread depth at centre of each tyre becomes less than at the edges, then the pressure is too high (and vice versa).